Aviation Pavement Program Manager – Desert Southwest Region
- Tempe, Arizona
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 25797BR
- United States
Do you have a passion for aviation and providing an exceptional client experience?
We are looking to strategically hire a dynamic individual to lead our aviation pursuit and client development efforts for the Desert Southwest Region. We are looking for someone with business development background within the geotechnical, environmental, construction materials or A/E consulting business that has a passion and clear understanding of the aviation business. In this role you will work closely with the client development and operations management to develop Aviation clients and projects in public and private aviation sectors (including federal opportunities). You will also technically support projects and pursuits where appropriate in your area of technical proficiencies and coordinate technical standards for our practitioners.
If you're interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that allows us to set our course together, achieve both company and client prosperity, then Terracon is an ideal match for you! We share your passion.
This position can be filled in any Terracon location within Arizona, New Mexico, or Nevada but preferably in a Phoenix or Las Vegas.
Essential Role and Responsibilities:
Oversee, lead, and manage the client development efforts and major pursuits for aviation within the Desert Southwest Region and to grow and develop the business relationship with Terracon’s current clients that will diversify services, increase our trust partnership and increase revenue.
- Direct and manage the development of practice standards for work to be performed in the Aviation practice.
- Practiced understanding and ability to communicate the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA’s) standards on planning, design, engineering, and construction. Standards include; airport inventory and forecasting, guidance for airfield pavements, financial feasibility and implementation plans, airport visual aids, FAA safety standards during construction, GIS data, aviation facility requirements, and more. General understanding of aviation-specific environmental and natural cultural resources protocols.
- Practiced understanding of the FAA’s Airport Pavement Design and Construction standards, Capital Investment Plan (CIP) protocols, FAA’s Airport Improvement Program and understanding of state DOT efforts/ funding/ leaders, and FAA ADO (airport district offices); making connections
- Position Terracon on Airport Planning and Engineering Consulting multi-year contracts.
- Direct the efforts of the largest projects and client pursuits including strategy and facilitation; overall coordination and tracking of business development efforts in the sector in close collaboration with the sector leadership Lead interactions with client, stakeholders and project managers to ensure the projects are being coordinated to meet the needs of the client and stakeholders.
- Lead the relationship building process by articulating how Terracon’s team and services can provide value throughout the project lifecycle and close business opportunities.
- Define, qualify and develop strategy for pursuing leads, develops a win strategy for qualified opportunities including; discussing information with Terracon client experience teams (CXT), and coordinating with the CXT on making Go/No-Go decisions.
- Monitor client satisfaction metrics and work with leadership and project management to improve client experience.
- Assist office teams in client experience and client development.
- Develops key competencies in Terracon’s business intelligence tools in order to assist leaders and managers and others in strategic decision making (markets, sectors, go/no-go, etc.) that enhance efficiencies.
- Lead safety efforts and ensure team follows safety rules and practices. Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrates safety practices. Promote pre-task planning for all activities related to client development and marketing.
- Travel, as necessary, to network with current and prospect clients, and evaluate airport needs on-site
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering, Master’s Degree preferred, and or 15 years’ related experience working with Aviation consultants and owners in the A/E/C industry showing an understanding of sales and business development procedures.
- Passion for personal accountability, achievement, learning and continual improvement.
- Have existing industry relationships and a commitment of expanding upon those relationships to position Terracon for opportunities at airports within the region.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history. Must be willing to travel extensively (domestically) to work with local Terracon operations and Aviation Owners, A/E and Contractors as necessary to land projects.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.