Market Leader Building Enclosure/ Architecture/ Engineering
- Raleigh, North Carolina
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 25017BR
- United States
Terracon’s Building Enclosure Group is growing, and we are hiring!
Looking to grow your career in the facilities practice with a company that supports personal and professional development? Want to join a company that consistently ranks as a top 25 design firm by Engineering News-Record? Then join our team as Building Consultant - Facilities Market LeaderinRaleigh, NC, we are currently seeking an experienced Engineering/Architectural Manager to oversee and expand our Facilities Consultancy practice in the Triangle/Triad market. This position will be directly responsible for maintaining and developing strong client relationships, delivering innovative solutions to meet client needs, work along-side our in-house marketing team to develop strategic pursuits, and develop and maintain departmental budget goals all while overseeing and having the support of a dynamic team. If you are looking to grow your career – come explore with us!
In this role you will utilize your market awareness and technical knowledge to respond to existing and new client needs, pursue new opportunities, and build a local team of professionals delivering the responsive service that Terracon provides. A background in buildings/systems through a degree and/or practice (engineering, architecture, facilities management, system specialization or construction) is required, and professional/industry registration/certification is desired, but not required. Additional background in staff development and people leadership is a candidate plus.
The successful Candidate will be well versed in the following or show the ability to successfully manage and grow teams that work in the following practices:
- Building Enclosure Evaluation (water intrusion and air leakage, roofing failures, structural evaluation, and facades)
- Facility Condition Assessments
- Construction Risk Management including construction loan monitoring
- Remedial design (roofing, façade and fenestration replacement)
- Building Enclosure Performance Verification Testing (including ASTM D4541. E779, E783, E1105, E1186, and other standards as required)
- Property Condition Assessments
- Oversee the Facilities Building Performance practice for the Triangle/Triad area.
- Work with traditional service line managers in Environmental, Geotechnical and Materials Testing to grow and expand those service lines in connection with Division and Regional Management.
- Direct the short and long range business development activities of all department personnel to ensure that adequate fees are available to support the manpower on the payroll.
- Plan for and execute the recruitment, selection, training, mentoring, and development of all employees in the department.
- Responsible to develop and execute the area Facilities business plan.
- Oversee and manage the success of the key department metrics of revenue growth, staff chargeability, project billing and collections, and project profitability.
- Develop understanding and be aware of the project-related risk. Be familiar with what could go wrong on a project and how to protect the Company. Be familiar with company risk policies.
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines. Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrates safety practices. Promote pre-task planning for all projects.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Monitor quality standards and practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline practiced by the firm including Engineering, Architecture, Facilities or Construction related, Business Administration and 8 years’ practice experience.
- Minimum of 12 years’ related experience in lieu of a degree
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Certification or licensure in the field of expertise.
- Master’s degree preferred (not required).
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.