Office Manager III
- North Charleston, South Carolina
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 26223BR
- United States
Are you passionate about Terracon’s Vision? Want to lead an office that is dedicated to being best at people, with innovative ideas, and is dominant in segments of the local market? Terracon is looking for an Office Manager in our Charleston, South Carolina office. You will be leading a team of professionals that is focused on being inclusive, diverse, caring, and high performing in a growing and profitable office situated in a rapidly growing state.
The Charleston Office Manager will provide leadership and manage the direct/support activities (administrative and technical) of a large engineering consulting office. This includes profit/loss management, employee supervision, project management, quality control, health and safety oversight, client development activities, and new business development. They will also be responsible for general leasehold improvements, project and office equipment, and proper oversight and utilization of all personnel.
If you're interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that allows us to set our course together and benefit when our hard work creates financial success, then Terracon is your kind of company! Come explore with us!
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversee a medium sized office supporting multiple service lines with gross revenues typically between $10-12 million
- Implement Terracon’s Vision and Strategic Plan locally
- Lead a well-developed Leadership team including Department Managers responsible for the Geotechnical, Environmental, Materials, Drilling, Business Development, and administrative staff
- Integrate Terracon’s IIF Safety Culture in the fabric of the office; communicate safety initiatives, rules, and guidelines for the office; be accountable for the implementation, development, and growth of the IIF Culture locally
- Lead the direction of the office’s business development efforts
- Direct and/or coordinate pursuits and large proposals in all service lines
- Assist Department Managers in determining/acquiring their staffing needs
- Develop and execute annual office business plan
- Develop office annual and financial budgets
- Responsible for the profitability of the office
- Communicate with Regional and/or Division Manager of Office progress including business development, project schedules, employee management, financial results, and equipment/facility/organizational needs
- Manage Office Risk Profile; monitor adherence to corporate risk policies and practices
- Coordinate with Division, Region, and corporate to maximize the use of technical experts, as needed
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvements on projects; ensure best practices are being followed and hold Managers accountable for quality control standards
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Geology; Master's degree in Engineering preferred.
- 12 years’ of experience in a firm that provides services such as Geotechnical, Environmental, or Materials, in lieu of a degree, 16 years’ related experience.
- Prior people management preferably with multi-tiered teams.
- Proven financial and budget related experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- P.E., or P.G.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.