Environmental Technician IV
- Midland, Texas
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 25530BR
- United States
Perform tests and sampling of environmental materials including air, soil, and groundwater. Operates field monitoring equipment. Assists with operation and maintenance of remediation systems. May assist with or manage remediation projects, and environmental site assessments. Transport material samples or documents to the lab for further testing and analysis. May tabulate and prepare data for written reports. Cleans and maintains field monitoring equipment. Adhere to strict safety standards.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Independently performs non-routine and complex field testing on larger and more diverse projects.
- Directs lower level technicians on projects.
- Calibrate field monitoring equipment such as PID or combustible gas indicator.
- Sample soil, water, oil, containing materials in accordance with guidelines.
- Sample gas (H2S) utilizing proper safety procedures.
- Assist with or manage remediation projects.
- Perform complex monitoring and well sampling.
- Performs advanced fieldwork and assists with project management.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Will need to utilize Ipad and data apps to gather field data.
- Operate drones to gather field data, training will be provided.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Be organized, detailed oriented and conscientious.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in environmental science or science field preferred.
- Minimum 3-7 years of relevant experience or the equivalent in education, training, and related experience.
- Knowledge of oil field operations preferred, training will be provided.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Other national, regional, state, and local environmental related certifications requiring experience and written examination will also be considered if deemed appropriate by the Terracon Department Manager.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.