Job DescriptionGeneral Responsibilities:
Are you ready to elevate your career in the field of Construction Materials Laboratory Management? Terracon is excited to welcome a Construction Materials Laboratory Supervisor to our dynamic team in Lincoln, Nebraska. If you're passionate about ensuring the highest standards of safety, quality, and efficiency in laboratory operations, this is the opportunity you've been waiting for!
As our Construction Materials Laboratory Supervisor, you will play a pivotal role in orchestrating and supervising the activities of our Construction and Geotechnical materials laboratory. Your duties will encompass testing a diverse range of materials, including soils, aggregates, and concrete. You will also assist with entry of data and boring logs, both for Materials and Geotechnical projects, into our electronic data management platforms.
Joining Terracon means becoming part of a 100% employee-owned firm, where your career growth is our top priority. We are committed to providing a platform for you to develop your skills and excel professionally. With a solid backlog of work across all three of our service lines and continuous expansion, you'll find ample opportunities to thrive!
Don't miss this opportunity to shape your future with Terracon and apply today!Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Directly performs and monitors laboratory activities to ensure the work is executed on time and in accordance with the client and project requirements and within company policies, procedures and standards.
- Ensures personnel are properly trained, supervised and equipped with the necessary tools and equipment to ensure their personal safety in the office and laboratory.
- Perform and supervise others completing construction and geotechnical related laboratory testing.
- Oversees and performs calibration and maintenance of the laboratory equipment.
- Supervises the efficient utilization of facilities and equipment assigned to the laboratory and makes requests for additional equipment as-needed.
- Evaluates the performance of all employees within the laboratory and assists them in their professional development and growth, consistent with company policies and procedures.
- With the assistance from the Materials Department Manager, Geotechnical Department Manager, and Laboratory Manager, plans, recruits, selects and provides training for personnel in the department.
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines. Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrates safety practices. Promote pre-task planning for all projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering technology or related field and 3 years’ experience performing laboratory tests on construction and geotechnical materials preferred. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 9 years’ related experience.
- Certification by qualified national, regional or state authorities (ACI, NICET, DOT) or in-house certification is required in areas such as concrete, aggregates, soil and rock, or paving materials.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
The expected starting base salary for this position is $55,000. The salary will be adjusted based individual qualifications and experience. About Terracon
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.EEO Statement
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.