- Lawrenceville, Georgia
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 25458BR
- United States
Provide architectural and consulting services for a broad array of projects and clients. This may include performing and or leading field investigations, architectural/engineering analysis, calculations, and recommendations, design and development of plans and specifications, observation and inspection, and the writing, preparation, and review of related reports for the services provided. Review drawings and construction to assure compliance with plans and specifications. Prepare proposals and cost estimates, track and evaluate project progress, budgets, and recommend changes. Research and resolve design and construction problems. Assign, review, and evaluate laboratory or field data for inclusion in reports. Apply sound architectural/engineering principles and be able to communicate complex issues and concepts to technical and non-technical clients and project teams. Services may be provided for existing or proposed projects in the commercial, retail, multi-family, hotel, senior living, industrial and or governmental sectors.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Proficient architectural professional responsible for managing and executing small projects of minimal complexity.
- Experience with roofing design, assessment, and QC observations.
- Registered Roofing Observer (RRO) Certification preferred.
- Assist in developing the scope of work for routine projects.
- Assist in preparation of cost estimates, specifications, and other project related documents.
- Conduct, coordinate or supervise field investigations and evaluation of respective data.
- Work closely with senior-level project manager and Registered Architect of Record to gain project management and architecture experience.
- Prepares work scope, proposals and reports and outlines investigations for approval by senior level professionals.
- Interacts with client and project team in developing scope of services and communicating project progress.
- Works under the supervision of a Registered Architect.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or equivalent degree (and experience) that can be applied to becoming a Registered Architect.
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience.
- Master’s degree in Architecture preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Architectural Intern designation required and ability to become a Registered Architect
- Registered Architect, Registered Roof Observer (RRO)
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.