Senior Geotechnical Engineer
- Carson, California; Laguna Hills, California; San Diego, California
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 26923BR
- United States
Ready to grow your career as part of a down-to-earth team with the freedom to explore and develop solutions on rewarding, large-scale projects? Want a flexible work environment and a culture where your ideas are valued and your safety is paramount? How about having access to a nationwide bench of expertise, and opportunities to learn and lead? This is life at Terracon, a 100% employee-owned company where we chart our course together and everyone benefits when our hard work creates success.
Terracon’s Southern California team has an opening for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer. This is a fantastic opportunity to work on a variety of commercial and industrial sector projects, build and maintain client relationships, and continue growing our consulting engineering practice.
This position can be based in Terracon’s Carson (Los Angeles), Laguna Hills (Orange County), or San Diego office.
Terracon Senior Geotechnical Engineers provide engineering and consulting services for various geotechnical projects and clients. This opportunity will focus on commercial and industrial sector projects throughout Southern California. This may include performing and/or leading field investigations, engineering analysis, calculations, and recommendations, design, and development of plans and specifications, observation and inspection, and the writing, preparation, and review of related reports for the services provided. Review drawings and construction to ensure compliance with plans and specifications. Prepare proposals and cost estimates, track and evaluate project progress and budgets, and recommend changes. Research and resolve design and construction problems. Assign, review, and evaluate laboratory or field data for report inclusion. Apply sound engineering principles and be able to communicate complex engineering issues and concepts to technical and non-technical clients and project teams. Services may be provided for existing or proposed projects in the commercial, communications, energy, and/or industrial sectors.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead safety efforts for the team and ensure the team follows safety rules and guidelines. Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment and demonstrating safety practices. Promote pre-task planning for all projects.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Monitor quality standards and practices.
- Develop an understanding and be aware of the project-related risk and how to protect the Company. Be familiar with company risk policies.
- Senior-level engineering professional providing technical direction required for production and completion of both routine and unique or complex projects.
- Responsible for conceptualizing the initial design and/or investigative approach for a major phase of a large project or have overall responsibility for the engineering work on a project of moderate scope.
- Plan, schedule, conduct, and/or coordinates engineering work involving conventional engineering practices but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements.
- Provide review of projects requiring complex and innovative investigation techniques and supervise the analysis and formulation of recommendations in written reports to clients; provides technical review of reports.
- Lead technical training and make informed decisions based upon state of the art technology issues.
- Provide leadership of marketing, sales and business development.
- Supervise less experienced engineers or technical support personnel on projects.
- Serve as an Authorized Project Reviewer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years of experience.
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- California Professional Engineer (PE) registration or Professional Geotechnical Engineer (GE)
- Direct geotechnical experience in the Commercial and Industrial sector.
The expected salary range for this position is listed below. The base range may be adjusted based on the specific location of the applicant. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience.
$115100 - $178300 annually
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.