Geotechnical Department Manager II
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 26190BR
- United States
Are you passionate about the great outdoors, crunching numbers, and pushing the boundaries of geotechnical engineering? Look no further! Terracon invites you to join our dynamic team where excitement meets innovation. Here you’ll have the opportunity to work with great people and work on challenging projects!
You will supervise and monitor all projects in progress in the department to ensure that work is executed on time and in accordance with the client’s requirements and within company policies, procedures, and standards. You also will supervise the preparation of proposals and cost estimates to clients to ensure proper scoping of services, availability of manpower and pricing to achieve desired profitability.
In addition, you will supervise the daily operations of a growing department including staff training, development, performance review, utilization of equipment and facilities, safety oversight, quality of services and work product, timely delivery of services and deliverables, and adherence to policies and procedures.
Finally, you will plan for and participate in business development activities to identify, develop, win, and execute project opportunities and build and maintain client relationships.
If you have a servant’s heart, a growth mindset, and a desire to grow as a leader then come explore with us today!
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for preparation of proposals and cost estimates with varying degrees of complexity.
- Directs the short-range business development activities of all department personnel to ensure that adequate fees are available to support the manpower on the payroll.
- Plan for and execute the recruitment, selection, training, mentoring, and development of all employees in the department.
- Prepare and execute the department annual business plan.
- Oversee and manage the success of the key department metrics of revenue growth, staff chargeability, project billing and collections, and project profitability.
- Develop understanding and be aware of project-related risk. Be familiar with what could go wrong on a project and how to protect the Company. Be familiar with company risk policies.
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines. Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrates safety practices. Promote pre-task planning for all projects.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Monitor quality standards and practices. Engage APRs on projects at their onset.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline practiced by the Firm including Engineering, Environmental Science or Geology and 8 years’ practice experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 12 years’ related experience.
- Master’s degree or PhD preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Certification or licensure in field of expertise.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.