- Albany, New York
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 23661BR
- United States
Conduct environmental site investigations, assessments and surveys to sample, measure and analyze air, water, material and soil under the direction of senior environmental staff. Projects may include Phase I/II environmental site assessments, ecological and natural resource field surveys, tank closure assessments, and asbestos and lead-based paint surveys.
Essential Role and Responsibilities:
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Perform site visits, field observations, field data collection and sampling of water, soil and other materials.
- Document clearly and thoroughly all field activities and observations.
- Assist senior staff with the evaluation of data such as field observations and findings, laboratory test results, reports prepared by others, drawings, and aerial photographs.
- Assist with the development of written proposals to clients.
- Prepare reports in accordance with the scope, schedule and budget developed in the associated proposals.
- Assist senior staff on large, more complex projects.
- Conduct and oversee site investigation and assessments in accordance with state and federal regulatory guidelines and as directed by project management staff
- Work within quality/budget/schedule expectations and scope-specific assignments.
- Communicate with subcontractors, regulatory agents, tenants, and clients during field activities.
- Update job knowledge by reading documentation, publications; and other information specifically related to applicable disciplines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science or related science field.
- Thorough understanding of standard PPE needed for work in Levels C and D.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- OSHA 40 Hour HAZWOPER preferred
The expected salary range for this position is listed below. The base range may be adjusted based on the specific location of the applicant. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience.
$56300 - $78800 annually
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.