Asbestos, Lead and Mold Field Technician I
- Woodway, Texas
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 24437BR
- United States
Perform tests and sampling of environmental materials including air, groundwater, building materials, and noise. Operate field monitoring equipment on abatement job sites, oversees activities of remediation contractors and interacts with client supervisory personnel. Will assist with asbestos surveys and abatement projects. Transport material samples or documents to the lab for further testing and analysis. Tabulate and prepare data for written reports. Cleans and maintains field monitoring equipment. Adhere to strict safety standards.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Performs basic tests as directed using well-defined procedures
- Assists in basic survey/ measurement data
- Assists in operating and maintaining remediation systems
- Assists higher level technicians on complex tasks.
- Will be placed in a progressively increased role of training and responsibility in work assignments.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 0-2 years of relevant experience or the equivalent in training and related experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Must have the ability to work safely on construction sites.
- Must have ability to work in outdoor environments.
- Construction experience, ability to read blueprints and work on active jobsites amongst other trades.
- Asbestos licensure.
- Certification in field of expertise.
- Bilingual/fluent in Spanish
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.