Job DescriptionSenior Structural Diagnostics & Forensics Engineer Explore with us! Terracon's Florida division is looking for a Senior Structural/ Diagnostics & Forensics Engineer to join our Structural Materials and Diagnostics team within our Facilities Consulting Division. The successful candidate will help to support and grow Terracon’s existing Structural Materials and Diagnostics and Remedial Design work. Although this position will be focused on Structural Materials and Diagnostics design and consulting, you'll be joining a team that also works directly with our team of Registered Professional Engineers and Architects for Building Condition Assessments. We work with our Senior professionals and project teams to continually integrate and develop new and exciting technology for best-in-class project delivery and processes. For us, quality and doing what's right for our people and our clients is key. If you are up for an exciting and challenging opportunity and career, we look forward to visiting with you!
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support a first-class working environment consistent with Terracon’s Purpose, Vision, and Values
- Lead and participate in promoting an Incident and Injury Free™ environment for personnel consistent with company values and safety practices
- Manage or consult on Structural Material and Diagnostics projects including Condition Assessments and Remedial Designs.
- Peer review construction documents, protocols, Scopes of Work, and other similar documents associated with Structural design and repair/restoration
- Structural consulting will include work on existing steel, concrete, and wood structures.
- Prepare and write reports that are professional in language with a logical presentation of technical ideas and recommendations
- Drive business with new and existing clients and actively participate in the implementation of marketing strategies
- Supervise and mentor younger, junior and/or less experienced Facilities division professionals to cross train on Structural services
- Work with existing clients to obtain additional work and develop new clients
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering and 10+ years of industry experience
- Professional Engineer (PE) License
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history
- SE License
- Masters in Civil / Structural Engineering
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.EEO Statement
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.