Senior Client Development Specialist (Part Time)
- Wilmington, North Carolina
- Part Time, Less than 30 hrs/wk
- Job ID 21551BR
- United States
Actively search for new business opportunities for engineering consulting department, office or division. Develop and foster long-term client relationships. Utilize contacts in appropriate professional organizations to network with potential clients and develop intelligence regarding the firm’s competition. Use networking contacts to develop leads and provide new projects from past, existing and future clients. Prepare marketing materials including qualification packages, written proposals and other client submittals.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Acts as the senior client development representative for a division, office or department.
- Responsible for using his/her personal contacts to develop long-term client relationships.
- Spends time outside the office in direct contact with clients and prospects.
- Schedules meetings with existing and potential clients for purpose of introducing or reminding clients of firm’s capabilities. Utilizes office staff to augment and assist as needed.
- Uses extensive networking contacts to develop client leads and provide new projects from past, existing and future clients. May solicit advice or assistance from other members of the firm to implement this strategy.
- Facilitate strategy meetings for both client and major project pursuits.
- Directs the activities and monitors the results of subordinate direct reports.
- Assists operations managers with the preparation and execution of client development plans and programs.
- Utilizes the contacts in appropriate professional organizations to network with potential clients and to develop intelligence regarding the firm’s competition.
- Reports to supervisor on planned and proposed sales activities within his or her goals. May be accountable for generating specified volume of business within a pre-defined time frame.
- Collaborates with others in corporate roles (NAMs, Sectors, Marketing) to coordinate client and project pursuits.
- Assist on the development of proposals and recommend fees on some projects.
- Assists with organization and execution of promotional activities and programs which include professional displays at designated conferences or professional trade shows.
- Utilizes the available business intelligence tools to seek the opportunities that present the highest chances for success.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related degree and 5 years’ related experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 9 years related experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
COVID-19 Safety Response
Committed to Our Employee Safety!
Terracon is passionate about your safety before, during, and after the COVID-19 pandemic. As Terracon continues to move forward and grow through this time, we are continuing to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our employee-owners. If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then Terracon is the company for you!
Our goal has not changed. For Terracon, our guiding principle has been and will continue to be the safety of our employee-owners. It’s that simple. We want our employees to be able to work safely in every situation and go home safely each night. As we continue our vision of being “Best at People,” here are some of the things Terracon is doing to safeguard every employee-owner:
- On-going communication with ALL employee-owners on a dedicated COVID Response page, and a portal for their families to have access to resources as well
- Requiring specific COVID-19 Pre-Task Safety Planning Protocols for all tasks and projects
- Empowering employees to speak up and say “no” to working in unsafe conditions
- Providing an additional 40 hours of sick leave to anyone impacted by COVID-19, including those impacted by daycare and school closures
- Ensuring proper PPE and sanitation on all project sites by providing field employee-owners with mobile hand washing stations and supplies, masks, and sanitizing kits
- Utilizing technology for more remote work opportunities and innovation using everything from video conferencing to drones
- Following all CDC guidelines including social distancing on job sites, in offices, and in our labs
If your passion lies in working with a company that truly cares for your safety, and if you’re interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that will help you grow and quickly progress in your career, consider Terracon and apply today!