Building Enclosure Group Manager
- Wilmington, North Carolina
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 26087BR
- United States
Group Manager - Facilities Building Enclosure
Explore with us! Terracon's Wilmington, NC office is looking for a Building Enclosure – Group Manager to help grow our Building Enclosure Consulting team. This person will sit in the Wilmington office and have a senior role within our growing Facilities group. The successful candidate will help to establish Terracon as “Go-To” Enclosures Practice with everything from front-end consulting through construction testing and observation and to diagnostic and forensic work. This is a position with room for growth and significant responsibilities ranging from client development, hand selecting your team, to ensuring successful project delivery. Although this position will be focused on Building Enclosure related design and consulting, you'll be joining a team that also works directly with our Civil, Structural, Mechanical, and Electrical engineers, as well as a team of Registered Professional Engineers and Architects. We work with our Senior professionals and project teams to continually integrate and develop new and exciting technology for best-in-class project delivery and processes. For us, quality and doing what's right for our people and our clients is key.
If you are up for an exciting and challenging opportunity and career, we look forward to visiting with you!
Essential Roles & Responsibilities:
- Support a first-class working environment consistent with Terracon’s Purpose, Vision, and Values
- Leadership and participation in promoting an Incident and Injury Free™ environment for department personnel consistent with company values and safety practices
- Prepare and review proposals and cost estimate
- Take a leading role in business and client development activities
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects
- Support the overall growth and development of the Facilities Practice
- Manage or consult on complex building enclosure/facility projects providing leadership and expertise to internal and external project teams
- Participate on and lead teams in the performance of building diagnostics projects that include, but are not limited to, building enclosure assessments, roofing, façade, waterproofing, litigation support, field testing, moisture intrusion, non-destructive testing, fenestration/façade testing, etc.
- Develop and review design construction documents related to roof replacement, building enclosure refurbishment, glazed assembly replacement, and associated building enclosure remediation work
- Peer review construction documents, protocols, Scopes of Work, and other similar documents associated with building envelope design and repair/restoration
- Work closely with architects and contractors to develop details related to building envelope assemblies
- Lead or perform all technical tasks related to Building Enclosure Commissioning
- Prepare and write reports that are professional in language with a logical presentation of technical ideas and recommendations
- Drive business with new and existing clients and actively participate in the implementation of marketing strategies
- Supervise and mentor younger, junior, and/or less experienced Facilities division professionals to cross-train on building enclosure services
- Work with existing clients to obtain additional work and develop new clients
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Architecture and 8+ years of industry experience
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history
Professional Registration / Licensure as Architect (RA) or Engineer (PE)
- 8+ years in the BEC Industry and experience with Consulting and/or Testing
- Expertise in building enclosure systems, roofing, and building structural systems.
- Experience in building enclosure restoration and consulting involving managing rainwater and water vapor transmission, air barrier design, and controlling energy consumption by managing heat gain and loss through the building envelope.
- Experience working on suspended scaffolding, vertical heights, and mid- to high-rise building facades and roofs.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.