Senior Geotechnical Engineer
- Wheat Ridge, Colorado
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 25486BR
- United States
Come, Explore with us at Terracon in Denver, CO, as a Senior Geotechnical Engineer!
As a Senior Geotechnical Engineer, you will provide geotechnical engineering and consulting services for various projects and clients. Typical projects include transmission lines extending across hundreds of miles, slope stability assessment, roadways/transportation, and vertical construction. You will be responsible for mentoring and coaching less experienced engineers, planning and overseeing field investigations, determining appropriate laboratory testing, performing engineering analysis/calculations, and providing geotechnical recommendations. This role will also prepare proposals and cost estimates, track and evaluate project progress, and maintain budgets. You will also support our materials testing and inspection group to help resolve design and construction problems. Senior Geotechnical Engineers also must be able to communicate complex engineering issues and concepts to technical and non-technical clients and project teams.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines. Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrating safety practices. Promote pre-task planning for all projects.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Monitor quality standards and practices.
- Develop understanding and be aware of project-related risk and how to protect the Company. Be familiar with company risk policies.
- Senior level engineering professional providing technical direction required for production and completion of both routine and unique or complex projects.
- Responsible for conceptualizing the initial design and/or investigative approach for a major phase of a large project or have overall responsibility for the engineering work on a project of moderate scope.
- Plan, schedule, conduct, and/or coordinates engineering work involving conventional engineering practices but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements.
- Provide review of projects requiring complex and innovative investigation techniques and supervise the analysis and formulation of recommendations in written reports to clients; provides technical review of reports.
- Lead technical training and make informed decisions based upon state of the art technology issues.
- Provide leadership of marketing, sales and business development.
- Supervise less experienced engineers or technical support personnel on projects.
- Serve as an Authorized Project Reviewer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Minimum 8-11 years experience.
- Master’s degree in Engineering preferred.
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.