Certified Welding Inspector
- Wheat Ridge, Colorado; Colorado Springs, Colorado; Fort Collins, Colorado
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 25098BR
- United States
Perform daily inspection of welded and bolted components of construction projects monitoring quality and adherence to building code requirements, construction drawings and project specifications. Inspection may include visual/physical inspection and field testing to verify conformance with the plans and specifications. Prepare inspection reports and provide written documentation of observations and testing of materials. Communicate findings to engineer or project manager and when requested collaborate with the project team on solutions to potential issues. Adhere to strict safety standards.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Performs testing, observation, and inspection of welded and bolted connections.
- Read and interpret construction drawings and specifications.
- Provides clear documentation of findings and results.
- Performs basic analysis of data to verify accuracy before communication and submittal to the Project Manager.
- Communicates information to Project Manager and other personnel as directed by the Project Manager.
- Draft inspection reports for review by senior inspector and/or Project Managers.
- May assist more senior inspectors on projects.
- Maintains equipment and calibration.
- Follows safety rules and practices and other safety requirements for all projects. Performs pre-task planning prior to executing work. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 2-4 years’ experience as a Construction Inspector or other applicable experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- American Welding Society (AWS) Certified Welding Inspector (CWI)
- ICC certification (Reinforced Concrete, Spray-applied Fireproofing, Structural Masonry, Prestressed/Post-Tensioned Concrete, Structural Steel – Bolting, Structural Steel – Welding).
- American Society for Nondestructive Testing (ASNT) Level II certification (Visual Testing (VT), Magnetic Particle Testing (MT), Dye Penetrant Testing (PT), Radiographic Testing (RT), Ultrasonic Testing (UT)).
- Other national, regional, state, and local Materials related certifications requiring experience and written examination will also be considered if deemed appropriate by the Terracon Department Manager.
Terracon’s Total Rewards program is an important way we create an engaging workplace for you, define and acknowledge success and give you ways to explore new avenues for your career. Our Total Rewards includes compensation, benefits (including employee ownership), recognition and training & development. Terracon considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, work location, education/ training, key skills as well as market and business considerations when extending an offer. Terracon anticipates paying in the range of $28 to $34 for this position.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.