Senior Structural Engineer
- Walnut Creek, California
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 20034BR
- United States
Explore with us! Terracon's California offices are looking for Senior Engineer (s) to join Structural Materials and Diagnostics team within our Facilities Consulting Division. The successful candidate will help to support and grow Terracon’s existing Structural Materials and Diagnostics work as well as Seismic Assessments, and Remedial Design work. Although this position will be focused on Structural Materials and Diagnostics design and consulting, you'll be joining a team that also works directly with our Civil, Mechanical, and Electrical engineers as well as a team of Registered Professional Engineers and Architects for Facility Conditions Assessments. We work with our Senior professionals and project teams to continually integrate and develop new and exciting technology for best-in-class project delivery and processes. For us, quality and doing what's right for our people and our clients is key. If you are up for an exciting and challenging opportunity and career, we look forward to visiting with you!
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support a first-class working environment consistent with Terracon’s Purpose, Vision, and Values
- Leadership and participation in promoting an Incident and Injury Free™ environment for department personnel consistent with company values and safety practices
- Lead Seismic Assessments of individual and portfolios of buildings including ASCE 41 Tier 1 and Probable Maximum Loss (PML) investigations.
- Manage or consult on Structural Material and Diagnostics projects including Condition Assessments and Remedial designs.
- Peer review construction documents, protocols, Scopes of Work, and other similar documents associated with Structural design and repair/restoration
- Prepare and write reports that are professional in language with a logical presentation of technical ideas and recommendations
- Drive business with new and existing clients and actively participate in the implementation of marketing strategies
- Supervise and mentor younger, junior and/or less experienced Facilities division professionals to cross train on Structural services
- Work with existing clients to obtain additional work and develop new clients
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and 10+ years of industry experience
- Experience with seismic
- PE License
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history
- SE License Highly Preferred
- Masters or PhD in Civil / Structural Engineering Preferred
- Experience with Rapid and Detailed assessment of Existing buildings along with Seismic Retrofit Design (Portfolio and Individual Buildings)
- Experience in PCA and FCA Work
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
COVID-19 Safety Response
Committed to Our Employee Safety!
Terracon is passionate about your safety before, during, and after the COVID-19 pandemic. As Terracon continues to move forward and grow through this time, we are continuing to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our employee-owners. If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then Terracon is the company for you!
Our goal has not changed. For Terracon, our guiding principle has been and will continue to be the safety of our employee-owners. It’s that simple. We want our employees to be able to work safely in every situation and go home safely each night. As we continue our vision of being “Best at People,” here are some of the things Terracon is doing to safeguard every employee-owner:
- On-going communication with ALL employee-owners on a dedicated COVID Response page, and a portal for their families to have access to resources as well
- Requiring specific COVID-19 Pre-Task Safety Planning Protocols for all tasks and projects
- Empowering employees to speak up and say “no” to working in unsafe conditions
- Providing an additional 40 hours of sick leave to anyone impacted by COVID-19, including those impacted by daycare and school closures
- Offering voluntary reduced work schedule for anyone needing extra time to care for others
- Load leveling work assignments across regions to maintain high productivity and chargeability
- Ensuring proper PPE and sanitation on all project sites by providing field employee-owners with mobile hand washing stations and supplies, masks, and sanitizing kits
- Utilizing technology for more remote work opportunities and innovation using everything from video conferencing to drones
- Following all CDC guidelines including social distancing on job sites, in offices, and in our labs
- Implementing a stand-by leave program to ensure our employees continue service and health insurance benefits during regional work shortages
If your passion lies in working with a company that truly cares for your safety, and if you’re interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that will help you grow and quickly progress in your career, consider Terracon and apply today!