- Theodore, Alabama
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 23536BR
- United States
Conduct environmental site investigations, assessments and surveys to sample, measure and analyze air, water, material, and soil. Identify, evaluate and recommend risk and remediation strategies/designs to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations. Prepare applicable permit applications, risk assessments and technical documents including proposals, reports and regulatory agency correspondence. Design systems and environmental protection plans. Projects may include Phase I/II environmental site assessments, ecological and natural resource field surveys, tank closure assessments, asbestos abatement, storm water management, and site planning and permitting.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Developing level scientific professional responsible for conducting analyses of component portions of projects; assignments are designed to develop knowledge and abilities.
- Perform site visits, field observations and field data collection or assignments.
- Assist in the collection and analysis of data from sampling, reports, maps, drawings, tests and aerial photographs to evaluate, plan and permit projects.
- Conduct water, soil and other sampling.
- Implements technical requirements to complete client projects by directing field staff to sample, test and collect data and/or document site activities.
- Outlines required investigative program(s) by selecting the proper alternative techniques to conduct site studies in field of expertise.
- Drafts written proposals to clients for small projects and may assist with portions of proposals on larger projects.
- May have limited client contact pertaining to specific projects/tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science or related science field and a minimum 1 year related experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 5 years’ related experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Certification in field of expertise.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.