Client Development Specialist
- Theodore, Alabama
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 25524BR
- United States
Actively search for new business opportunities for engineering consulting department, office or division. Develop and foster long-term client relationships. Utilize contacts in appropriate professional organizations to network with potential clients and develop intelligence regarding the firm’s competition. Use networking contacts to develop leads and provide new projects from past, existing and future clients. Prepare marketing materials including qualification packages, written proposals and other client submittals.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Acts as the client development representative for an office or department.
- Responsible for using his/her personal contacts to develop long-term client relationships.
- Spends time outside the office in direct contact with clients and prospects.
- Schedules meetings with existing and potential clients for purpose of introducing or reminding clients of firm’s capabilities. Utilizes office staff to augment and assist as needed.
- Develops and uses networking contacts to generate client leads and provide new projects from past, existing and future clients. May solicit advice or assistance from other members of the firm to implement this strategy.
- Assists operations managers with the preparation and execution of client development plans and programs.
- Utilizes the contacts in appropriate professional organizations to network with potential clients and to develop intelligence regarding the firm’s competition.
- Reports to supervisor on planned and proposed sales activities within his or her goals. May be accountable for generating specified volume of business within a pre-defined time frame.
- Collaborates with others in corporate roles (NAMs, Sectors, Marketing) to coordinate client and project pursuits.
- Assists with organization and execution of promotional activities and programs which include professional displays at designated conferences or professional trade shows.
- Utilizes the available business intelligence tools to seek the opportunities that present the highest chances for success.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related degree and 3 years’ related experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 7 years related experience
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.