Project Engineer (GeoDesign) - Remote/Hybrid
- Tempe, Arizona
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 20346BR
- United States
Looking for multiple positions/levels more or less of requested below in a remote/hybrid environmental in the Washington DC, Phoenix AZ, and Seattle WA regions.
Provide engineering and consulting services for a broad array of projects and clients. As the Geostructural Project Engineer, you will participate in multidisciplinary project teams, often involving multiple offices. Your ability to work with a high-performing team, and commitment to exceptional client service and technical excellence, proper balancing of project risks and business needs, along with some involvement in business development will make you the perfect fit for our team.
Typical Geostructural Design projects include analyses and detailed design of support of excavation systems, underpinning of existing structures, stabilization of slopes and other earth structures, steel and concrete design, soil improvement, shallow and deep foundation systems, earth retaining structures, grouting programs, design and oversight of positive cutoff walls, and numerical analysis. You are expected to apply sound engineering principles and be able to communicate complex engineering issues and concepts to technical and non-technical clients and project teams. This may include:
- performing and/or leading field investigations;
- engineering analysis, calculations, and recommendations;
- design and development of plans and specifications;
- observation and inspection;
- writing, preparation, and review of related reports for the services provided;
- review drawings and construction to assure compliance with plans and specifications;
- prepare proposals and cost estimates;
- track and evaluate project progress, budgets, and recommend changes; and
- research and resolve design and construction problems.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Career level, fully competent engineering professional with responsibility for managing detailed phases of projects, Independently perform a variety projects or selected segments of larger projects.
- Maintain quality standards on all projects.
- Preparation and review of detailed design calculations, drawings, and construction specifications.
- Prepare proposals and reports for small and large projects of varying complexity.
- Oversight of the work of junior staff, serve as a technical adviser to junior-level project team members.
- Business development in a predominantly seller-doer role.
- Coordinating Geostructural Design services with internal and external clients.
- Construction administration.
- Traveling as needed for project and client development.
- Other tasks as required to support projects and business goals.
- Develop understanding and be aware of project-related risk and how to protect the Company. Be familiar with company risk policies.
- Work closely with senior-level project managers to gain additional project management experience for more complex and larger projects.
- Write and prepare routine and complex engineering reports detailing services provided, findings, and recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Minimum 7-8 years’ experience.
- Master’s degree in Engineering preferred.
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
COVID-19 Safety Response
Committed to Our Employee Safety!
Terracon is passionate about your safety before, during, and after the COVID-19 pandemic. As Terracon continues to move forward and grow through this time, we are continuing to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our employee-owners. If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then Terracon is the company for you!
Our goal has not changed. For Terracon, our guiding principle has been and will continue to be the safety of our employee-owners. It’s that simple. We want our employees to be able to work safely in every situation and go home safely each night. As we continue our vision of being “Best at People,” here are some of the things Terracon is doing to safeguard every employee-owner:
- On-going communication with ALL employee-owners on a dedicated COVID Response page, and a portal for their families to have access to resources as well
- Requiring specific COVID-19 Pre-Task Safety Planning Protocols for all tasks and projects
- Empowering employees to speak up and say “no” to working in unsafe conditions
- Providing an additional 40 hours of sick leave to anyone impacted by COVID-19, including those impacted by daycare and school closures
- Offering voluntary reduced work schedule for anyone needing extra time to care for others
- Load leveling work assignments across regions to maintain high productivity and chargeability
- Ensuring proper PPE and sanitation on all project sites by providing field employee-owners with mobile hand washing stations and supplies, masks, and sanitizing kits
- Utilizing technology for more remote work opportunities and innovation using everything from video conferencing to drones
- Following all CDC guidelines including social distancing on job sites, in offices, and in our labs
- Implementing a stand-by leave program to ensure our employees continue service and health insurance benefits during regional work shortages
If your passion lies in working with a company that truly cares for your safety, and if you’re interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that will help you grow and quickly progress in your career, consider Terracon and apply today!