Office Manager III
- Tempe, Arizona
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 23942BR
- United States
Are you a leader who is passionate about people? Want to lead an office dedicated to being the "best at people" with innovative ideas and dominant in local market segments? Terracon is seeking an Office Manager in our Phoenix, Arizona office. You will lead a team of Architectural, Engineering, and Construction (A/E/C)professionals focused on being inclusive, diverse, caring, and high performing in a rapidly growing and profitable office in an amazing state.
The Phoenix Office Manager will provide leadership and manage a large (A/E/C) consulting office's direct/support activities (administrative and technical). This includes ensuring that our office achieves safe, profitable growth via a focus on profit/loss management, employee supervision, project management, quality control, health and safety oversight, client relations and development, and new business development. You will also be responsible for general leasehold improvements, project and office equipment, and proper oversight and utilization of all personnel. This role will also develop and/or review contracts and proposals prepared by the office; verify technical and financial provisions and ensure manpower budgets are sufficient to complete the contracted work and render a profit. You will work closely with amazing administrative and technical department managers to support specific functions and operations of the office.
Are you interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that allows us to set our course together and benefit when our hard work creates financial success? If your answer is yes, Terracon is your kind of company! Come, and explore with us!
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversee a large sized office supporting multiple technical departments consisting of geotechnical, environmental, archeological, and administrative staff with an office size at 130 employee-owners and growing.
- Implement Terracon's Vision and Strategic Plan locally.
- In conjunction with appropriate technical experts within the Company and the Division and Regional Manager, assign office manpower to special technical projects to ensure best accomplishment and utilization of staff.
- Develop and execute annual office business plan.
- Responsible for the profitability of the office.
- Assist Department Manager in determining their staffing needs in the office.
- Apprise Division and Regional Manager of Office progress including business development, project schedules, employee management, financial results, and equipment/facility/organizational needs.
- Responsible for leading and directing the office's Business Development efforts. This includes overseeing and/or coordinating pursuits and large proposals in all service lines.
- Develop an understanding and be aware of project-related risks. Be familiar could go wrong on a project and how to protect the Company. Be familiar with company risk policies.
- Communicate with Regional and/or Division Managers on office progress, including; business development, project schedules, employee management, financial results, and equipment/facility/organizational needs.
- Promote continuous innovation and adoption of processes and ideas that produce long term growth opportunities for the firm.
- Lead the way on mentoring of employees and ensure that Phoenix supervisors do the same.
- Safety Leadership of the office by ensuring that Terracon's IIF Safety Culture is strong by communicating safety initiatives, rules, and guidelines for the office. Be accountable for the implementation, development, and growth of Terracon's IIF Culture locally.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Ensure best practices are followed and hold Managers accountable for quality control standards.
- Bachelor’s degree and 12 years’ practice experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 16 years’ related experience.
- Prior management experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Certification or licensure in field of expertise.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.