Environmental Planning Program Manager
- Tempe, Arizona
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 23346BR
- United States
Are you passionate about people and the environment? Come to Terracon and discover what great looks like.
We are looking for an accomplished Program Manager to lead our growing Environmental Planning practice in Terracon’s Rocky Mountain Division. Our Rocky Mountain Environmental Planning team has been in the market for more than 24 years and includes a legacy of working for a diverse set of clients—including a strong client list within the Power Generation and Transmission, Transportation and Infrastructure, and Retail and Commercial sectors. Clients within these sectors include municipalities, state agencies, national and local retailers, commercial real property developers and managers, financial institutions, law firms, architect/engineer and construction clients, telecom, energy providers—including renewable energy and transmission. Client services provided by our environmental employee-owners for these clients throughout the Rocky Mountain Division include wetland and waters of the U.S. delineation and permitting, threatened and endangered species (T&E) assessments, cultural resource management, and NEPA studies.
As the Program Manager, you will work closely with the Division Manager as well as the Western Operating Group’s Assistant Service Line Director and Terracon’s Environmental Planning Practice Leader to develop and implement a strategy for growth in the Division. You will lead the Rocky Mountain Division Environmental Planning team, recruit, mentor and develop environmental planning practitioners, and lead business development in the division.
If you're interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that allows us to set our course together and benefit when our hard work creates financial success, then Terracon is your kind of company! Come explore with us!
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead the Rocky Mountain Division Environmental Planning team
- Develop environmental planning business in the Rocky Mountain Division
- Drive new client development and grow revenue from existing clients including diversification of services provided.
- Provide technical leadership on key projects
- Direct the efforts of the major project and client pursuits including strategy
- Lead interactions with client, stakeholders, and project managers to ensure the projects are being coordinated to meet the needs of the client and stakeholders
- Manage risk related to projects. Ensure contracts are signed and fully executed prior to commencing work. Monitor adherence to corporate risk policies and Services. Hold managers accountable for mitigating or eliminating risk
- Communicate safety initiatives, rules and guidelines for office or region. Hold managers and employees accountable for following safety rules and guidelines with documented coaching through our safety application
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Ensure best practices are being followed and hold Managers accountable for quality control standards
- Availability to travel overnight within the Rocky Mountain Division to implement strategy with occasional meetings elsewhere in the U.S.
- Demonstrated experience in a consulting environment for Environmental Planning related services
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline practices by the Firm including Engineering, Environmental Science or Geology and a minimum of 15 years’ related experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 19 years of related experience.
- Flexibility to work various schedules depending on client needs
- Ability to work and communicate with others in various environmental settings
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of multi-tasking within flexible/fluid schedules and project needs
- Eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Ability to pass drug screening
- Possess a valid U.S. driver’s license with acceptable violation history
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Professional Engineer (PE), Professional Geologist (PG), Professional Wetland Scientist (PWS), Registered Professional Archaeologists (RPA), Certified Wildlife Biologist (CWB) or similar professional registration/certification relevant to the type of services and projects being managed.
- Professional experience and familiarity working with a diverse array of client types and projects such as solar farms; oil and gas; multifamily, commercial and industrial developments; telecommunications; and/or municipal, state, or federal agency project work
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.