Port & Waterway National Manager
- Tampa, Florida
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 23846BR
- United States
We are seeking a Ports National Manager to build the Terracon geotechnical, environmental, facilities and materials consulting services within the Logistic Sector. This person will be responsible for contributing to the growth and development nationwide. This individual should be an experienced leader, both strategic and tactical thinker, problem solver, and connector who can lead Terracon to long-term success. They will identify, assess, develop, and close on project opportunities and strategic clients. The National Manager will also work with fellow Terracon Account Managers to expand services and revenue generated from existing clients.
THIS POSITION CAN BE FILLED IN ANY TERRACON OFFICE LOCATION
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the vision to promote profitability and growth of the Logistics Business Sector consistent with the overall strategic plans of the company.
- Serve as a senior project manager for key projects overseeing and coordinating resources from multiple service lines and offices across the company.
- Manage new and existing client relationships and cross-sell full suite of Terracon service offerings
- Promote sharing of “best practices” between offices, divisions, and operating groups.
- Develop and deliver client presentations as part of relationship development and business development activities and/or qualifications and proposal presentation/interview teams.
- Be active/visible in national trade associations related to Ports and Waterways and our clients/potential clients.
- Direct the efforts of the largest project client pursuits including proposal strategy, facilitation of client interaction, positioning Terracon to win and close the sale.
- Lead internal groups to strategize best practices to achieving growth in both coastal and inland water way opportunities
- Oversee creation of new marketing collateral and statements of qualification that best address client needs
- Oversee the Company commitment to quality control standards. Establish quality objectives and policy. Monitor continuous improvement programs. Hold internal stakeholders accountable for quality standards and improving levels of quality on projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, Geology, or Business and 10 years’ related experience.
- Master’s degree in related field preferred.
- Strong business development and client management experience and skills
- Demonstrated technical expertise and knowledge of the Ports and Waterways Business Sector clients and projects.
- Experience in working with Port Authorities and engineering firms.
- Demonstrated experience in building and growing targeted business sub-sectors and managing profitable operations.
- Demonstrated experience in project management that achieves successful project outcomes including financial, technical, client and safety objectives.
- Aptitude to work collaboratively with other internal leaders in both operations and client development
- Ability to travel up to 40%
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
The national standard salary range for this position is $120,500-$186,800. The base range may be adjusted based on the specific location of the applicant. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.