Regional Regulatory Compliance Leader
- St Louis, Missouri
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 23152BR
- United States
Are you ready to take your career to the next level and beyond? Does being an owner excite you? Our employee-owned organization is looking for a highly-motivated individual to lead local and regional compliance efforts and assist with projects across the country. Come Explore with us!
You should have solid experience and regulatory knowledge in all or some of these service areas.
• Air permitting (Title V and minor source)
• RCRA/Hazardous waste
• Compliance auditing
• Oil Storage/SPCC plans
• SARA Title III (Tier II/TRI) reporting
• Industrial wastewater
You will need to be confident and possess a strong technical background with proven leadership skills. You will manage projects, prepare reports and other deliverables, and review documents prepared by others for accuracy, completeness, and quality following company standards. You will also lead local and regional environmental compliance business development efforts; maintain existing and develop new client relationships; and train, mentor, and direct staff on projects. You will serve as a local point of contact for Environmental Regulatory Compliance services and provide support on regional and national projects and pursuits.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
• Grow and expand existing environmental compliance services
• Prepare calculations, applications, plans, reports, proposals, and other deliverables
• Manage projects and staff to ensure quality and timeliness
• Understand the local and regional market
• Develop strong working relationships with clients
• Develop proposals in response to RFPs and client requests
• Participate in the development of local and regional marketing strategies
• Support safety efforts to promote safety rules and guidelines
• Evaluate problems and develop practical solutions that enable our clients to achieve and maintain compliance with environmental regulations
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering (preferred), Environmental Engineering, or environmental-related discipline
• Minimum 8+ years of experience in a full-time regulatory compliance consulting role
• Demonstrated high level of technical writing ability
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
• Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history
• For Engineers, P.E. or the ability to obtain within 6 months of employment
• 40-Hour OSHA HAZWOPER and current 8-Hr refresher preferred
• Master’s degree
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.