Environmental Practice Leader
- St Louis, Missouri
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 23036BR
- United States
Are you ready to take your career to the next level and beyond? Does being an owner excite you? Our employee-owned organization is looking for a highly-motivated, environmental professional with a particular focus on business development to be our next Environmental Practice Leader in St. Louis.
Our group works on exciting projects including environmental site assessments, remediation, redevelopment, asbestos, and site renovation for local governments, health and educational institutions, commercial real estate developers and managers, law firms, financial institutions, architect/engineers, and construction (A/E/C) clients. We are growing our offerings in regulatory compliance and natural and cultural resources and are seeking someone to lead this growth in an aggressive and transformational way, while overseeing the routine functions, people management, and P&L responsibility for the group.
Management experience is a must as you will lead the team by utilizing a formal growth plan, promoting training, and assigning and coordinating workload. If your passion lies in helping your community, and if you're interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that allows us to set our course together and benefit when our hard work creates financial success, then Terracon is your kind of company! Come explore with us!
Essential Role and Responsibilities:
- Conducting client development activities and work with our team to develop a book of business in traditional environmental services for the local region
- Work as a team member and participate with business development staff, senior environmental staff, and management on large, complex projects and pursuits
- Mentor, supervise, and oversee staff environmental scientists and technicians
- Possess strong understanding of federal, state, and local regulatory requirements
- Understand and implement technical requirements to complete client projects by directing and supervising field staff to sample, test and collect data and/or document site activities
- Ability to develop written proposals to clients for both small and large projects
- Experienced in evaluating, and synthesizing complex laboratory and field data, and assembly in written reports
- Serve as an inter-disciplinary team member in meetings and communications with client pertaining to specific projects/tasks
- Demonstrate a commitment to follow safety rules, guidelines, and standards for all projects for incident and injury free operations
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline practiced by the Firm including Engineering, Environmental Science, or Geology
- 10+ years’ practice experience
- Previous supervisory experience required, and previous managerial experience preferred
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history
- Professional registration as a Licensed Site Professional (LSP) in MA and/or Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) or Professional Geologist preferred
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.