Engineering Technician I (Laboratory only)
- St Louis, Missouri
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 21393BR
- United States
Perform laboratory testing of construction materials (e.g. soils, aggregates, rock, concrete, and asphalt). Communicate with project manager, engineering technicians, and others as applicable regarding the project requirements, testing, and results. Transport material samples with associated identifying documentation from the field to the laboratory. Tabulate, prepare, and submit data in the form of written and digital reports as work is performed for daily transmittal to the Terracon Project Manager. Maintain, clean, and calibrate laboratory testing equipment. Adhere to strict safety standards.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Performs construction and geotechnical related laboratory testing.
- Provides clear documentation of testing results.
- Communicates information to Project Manager and discusses accuracy of data in preparation for submittal.
- Ensures the proper organization and appearance of the laboratory area for which he/she is responsible, including keeping the area and equipment clean and uncluttered.
- Assists the Department Manager with overseeing calibration and maintenance of the laboratory equipment.
- Follow safety rules and practices and other safety requirements for all projects. Perform pre-task planning prior to executing work. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion of related internal safety certifications.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Certification by qualified national, regional or state authorities (ACI, NICET, DOT) or in-house certification is required in areas such as concrete, aggregates, soil and rock, or road and paving materials.
- 6 months experience preferred
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.