Job DescriptionTerracon continues to grow and is committed to building strong foundations in our local communities while striving for safety and wellbeing of our employees and the clients we serve!
Our office in St. Louis is currently seeking an experienced Engineer, Construction Manager or Geologist to lead our team as the Office Manager. You will be leading a team of professionals that is focused on being inclusive, diverse, caring and high performing, in a growing and profitable office located in St. Louis. There is also a satellite office located in Columbia, MO that is part of the Office manager responsibilities.
You will provide leadership and manage the direct/support activities (administrative and technical) of a large engineering consulting office. This includes profit/loss management, employee supervision, project management, quality control, health and safety oversight, client development activities, and new business development. Responsible for general leasehold improvements, project and office equipment, and proper oversight and utilization of all personnel.
This position will be on the Principal track of a nationally recognized employee-owned company that is growing in excess of 10% annually. Come Explore with us today and build the foundation of our future!
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversee a large office supporting multiple service lines with gross revenues above $10 million.
- Supervise projects within the technical disciplines practiced by the organization, within the same office, usually at the same time.
- Evaluate and monitor workloads in the office, and oversee employee lifecycle (recruitment, hiring, performance management, salary administration, discipline, termination).
- Supervise preparation of proposals by all professionals and coordinate with marketing and firm technical experts, as needed.
- Direct and participate in the execution of the office’s business development efforts.
- Responsible for preparation of office annual and financial budgets and operating the office within approved budgets.
- Monitor job status reports and coordinate with department managers.
- Report to senior managers on progress including business development, project schedules, employee management, financial results, and equipment/facility/organizational needs.
- Manage risk related to projects. Ensure contracts are signed and fully executed prior to commencing work. Monitor adherence to corporate risk policies and practices. Hold Managers accountable for mitigating or eliminating risk. Communicates safety initiatives, rules and guidelines for Office. Holds Managers and Employees accountable for following safety rules and guidelines.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Ensure best practices are being followed and hold Managers accountable for quality control standards.
- Lead excellence in key areas related to the business such as financial success, safety, client experience, project delivery and team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Geology
- 12 or more years of experience as a leader within a firm that provides services in Geotechnical, Environmental, or in the Materials practice.
- Prior people management with P/L experience required.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Professional Engineering License (P.E.) or Professional Geologist license (P.G.)
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.EEO Statement
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.