CAD Operator - Field Technician
- Southfield, Michigan
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 20624BR
- United States
Perform computer aided drafting (CAD) for preparation of architectural and engineering drawings using industry appropriate software (primarily AutoCAD). Uses standard symbol sets and drawings to minimize drawing effort. Performs hand drafting and sketching as needed. Reference information from vendor prints, catalogs, and technical manuals to complete drafting under the direction of senior staff members. The office for this position will be located in the metro Detroit area, but will include travel to construction sites and other Terracon offices across the Midwest.
Essential Role and Responsibilities:
- Under supervision of a more senior level CAD Operator, senior engineer or staff professional, this role will assist or perform routine to moderately difficult drafting tasks.
- Assists Senior CAD Operator(s)/senior staff in the production of drawings, including pick up of all copies, any artwork and related materials to the proper vendor.
- Orders and maintains supplies for the drafting department.
- May assist senior CAD operator(s) in repair of the equipment, as needed.
- Participation in visits to active construction sites and completed buildings to assist in data collection, documentation, and verification testing.
- Develop and maintain office related documents (Word/Excel) and perform tasks to support office.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years practical CAD experience.
- Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree in graphic or drafting technology preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
COVID-19 Safety Response
Committed to Our Employee Safety!
Terracon is passionate about your safety before, during, and after the COVID-19 pandemic. As Terracon continues to move forward and grow through this time, we are continuing to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our employee-owners. If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then Terracon is the company for you!
Our goal has not changed. For Terracon, our guiding principle has been and will continue to be the safety of our employee-owners. It’s that simple. We want our employees to be able to work safely in every situation and go home safely each night. As we continue our vision of being “Best at People,” here are some of the things Terracon is doing to safeguard every employee-owner:
- On-going communication with ALL employee-owners on a dedicated COVID Response page, and a portal for their families to have access to resources as well
- Requiring specific COVID-19 Pre-Task Safety Planning Protocols for all tasks and projects
- Empowering employees to speak up and say “no” to working in unsafe conditions
- Providing an additional 40 hours of sick leave to anyone impacted by COVID-19, including those impacted by daycare and school closures
- Offering voluntary reduced work schedule for anyone needing extra time to care for others
- Load leveling work assignments across regions to maintain high productivity and chargeability
- Ensuring proper PPE and sanitation on all project sites by providing field employee-owners with mobile hand washing stations and supplies, masks, and sanitizing kits
- Utilizing technology for more remote work opportunities and innovation using everything from video conferencing to drones
- Following all CDC guidelines including social distancing on job sites, in offices, and in our labs
- Implementing a stand-by leave program to ensure our employees continue service and health insurance benefits during regional work shortages
If your passion lies in working with a company that truly cares for your safety, and if you’re interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that will help you grow and quickly progress in your career, consider Terracon and apply today!