Senior Administrative Assistant
- South Plainfield, New Jersey
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 22568BR
- United States
This position is for a senior administrative assistant who will work out of Terracon’s office in South Plainfield, NJ. The position will consist partially of administrative support for our geotechnical engineering department, reporting directly to the department manager, and partially of administrative support for the office and NJ/Philly region, reporting directly to the regional manager. The position will include a variety of administrative responsibilities associated with the operation of the department, office and region with minimal supervision. Many of the responsibilities will require use of Microsoft Office (primarily Word, Excel and PowerPoint), as well as company-based administrative computer applications.
- Assist with administrative aspects of engineering projects, including project setups, invoicing, milestone and budget tracking, and contract management
- Provide administrative support for engineering proposals and reports; including but not limited to tabulation/presentation of data, assembling and filing, formatting/style review
- Prepare routine information packages for project team members and subcontractors
- Manage purchasing and vendor invoices
- Assist collections director with invoicing data entry and initial client follow up
- Answer telephones, screen calls and forward messages
- Assist with travel arrangements
- Assist with onboarding of new employees
- Maintain office supplies
- Collaborate with local staff and regional manager to maintain congenial office atmosphere, including management of furniture, wall art and seasonal decorations
- Assist with event/meeting planning and coordination
- Follow Terracon safety rules and guidelines, be proactive with identifying safety concerns in the office, and perform personal safety planning for all work
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 12 years’ relevant experience, preferably some of which was with a firm in the engineering, architectural or construction industry
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office, as well as the ability to learn and work efficiently in new company-based computer applications
- Must be detail-oriented and organized; able to track outstanding tasks, provide regular updates to supervisors, and follow-up with others when needed
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.