Senior Facilities Staff Engineer - MEP
- San Antonio, Texas
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 23841BR
- United States
Provide engineering and consulting services for a broad array of projects and clients. This may include performing and/or leading field investigations, engineering analysis, calculations, and recommendations, design and development of plans and specifications, observation and inspection, and the writing, preparation, and review of related reports for the services provided. Review drawings and conduct field observations of installed construction to assure compliance with plans and specifications. Prepare proposals and cost estimates, track and evaluate project progress, budgets, and recommend changes. Research and resolve design and construction problems. Assign, review, and evaluate laboratory or field data for inclusion in reports. Apply sound engineering principles and be able to communicate complex engineering issues and concepts to technical and non-technical clients and project teams. Services may be provided for existing or proposed projects in the public works, k-12, secondary education, commercial, communications, energy, and/or industrial sectors.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Become familiar and actively participate in Terracon’s Incident and Injury Free (IIF) culture and safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines. Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrating safety practices. Promote pre-task planning for all projects.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Become familiar with Terracon’s Policy Manual for Quality (PQRM) and integrate our quality practices into all project workflows..
- Develop understanding and be aware of project-related risk and how to protect the Company. Be familiar with company risk policies.
- Senior Staff or Senior Project Engineer advising Senior Engineers and Authorized Project Reviewers (APRs) on technical direction and production needed for projects.
- Responsible for conceptualizing the initial design and/or investigative approach for a major phase of a large project or have overall responsibility for the engineering work on a project of moderate scope.
- Plan, schedule, conduct, and/or coordinates engineering work involving conventional engineering practices but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements.
- Provide review of projects requiring complex and innovative investigation techniques and supervise the analysis and formulation of recommendations in written reports to clients; prepares reports and documents for technical review by Senior Engineers and APRs and addresses review comments..
- Target becoming a Senior Engineer that would lead technical training and guide junior engineers on use of technology within two to three years of hire..
- Supervise less experienced engineers or technical support personnel on projects.
- Assist in business development efforts with Department Manager and Business Development personnel.
- Within one year of hire, lead projects such as Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP) diagnostic studies and assessments, MEP remedial design projects, property condition assessments (PCAs) including enhanced MEP assignments of PCAs, building energy performance studies, MEP Commissioning (Cx), MEP construction monitoring in new and existing facilities.
- Execute projects from proposal to final reporting or design documents under the direction of the Department Manager or Senior Project Manager.
- Be able to create proposals within one year of hire for review by Department Manager and APR. Conduct field diagnostics, assessment, and analysis; prepare reports.
- Prepare MEP remedial design work in conjunction with other department personnel in MEP and other disciplines; and perform other requirements to complete project manuals and documents for permitting; perform construction administration.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience.
- Able to obtain Professional Engineer (PE) registration within 12-months of date of hire.
- Develop relationships with local and Statewide clients through guidance from Department Manager and APRs.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Able to obtain professional Commissioning Agent certification within 18 months of date of hire.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.