FCA Senior Facilities Professional
- San Antonio, Texas
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 23299BR
- United States
Terracon's San Antonio, TX office is looking for a Senior Facilities Professional to join our consulting team. You'll be joining a team that works directly with our Civil, Structural, Mechanical, and Electrical engineers as well as a team of Registered Professional Engineers, Building Enclosure Professionals, and Architects. We work with our Senior professionals and project teams to continually integrate and develop new and exciting technology for best-in-class project delivery and processes. For us, quality and doing what's right for our people and our clients is key. If you are up for an exciting and challenging opportunity and career, we look forward to visiting with you!
In this role you will be responsible for providing Terracon’s Facility Condition Assessments (FCA) services primarily in the Texas market, and possibly beyond. You will also be responsible for leading larger FCA and Property Condition Assessment (PCA) projects and providing technical oversight, and diagnosing and developing repair/restoration solutions for the built environment. This includes all major components and systems of buildings and other infrastructure. Projects range from PCAs to detailed FCA evaluations of structural systems, foundations, building enclosure systems, MEP systems, pavements, industrial floors, and construction materials. Assessment techniques include, visual examination, non-destructive testing, instrumentation and load testing, laboratory testing, and destructive examinations. Client deliverables range from reports of findings and recommendations to development of repair/restoration design documents and construction oversight/administration.
In the area of project management, you will prepare proposals and cost estimates, track and evaluate project progress, budgets, and recommend changes. Research and resolve design and construction problems. Be able to communicate complex issues and concepts to technical and non-technical clients and project teams. Services may be provided for existing or proposed projects in the commercial, retail, multi-family, educational, hospitality, senior living, industrial and or governmental/federal sectors.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a Senior Project/Technical Manager and/or Senior Assessor for FCAs of varying size and complexity.
- Manage or consult on complex facility-related projects providing leadership and expertise to internal and external project teams.
- Prepare and write reports that are professional in language with a logical presentation of technical ideas and recommendations.
- Prepare proposals, develop scope of services, establish fees, manage projects from a personnel, financial and schedule standpoint.
- Supervise and mentor younger, junior and/or less experienced Facilities division professionals to cross train on FCA services.
- Participate in one or more technical/professional associations and assume leadership positions.
- Work with existing clients to obtain additional work and develop new clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related building field and 10+ years’ experience in facility assessment. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 14 years’ related experience.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.