Environmental Project Manager
- San Antonio, Texas
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 22736BR
- United States
This position is eligible for flexible, work from home hybrid schedule and a sign on bonusl
Terracon is growing and hiring an Environmental Project Manager for our South Texas Region! This hybrid position can be based out of our Corpus Christi or San Antonio Office. As an Environmental Project Manager you will be part of a six member team of geologists and engineers. Together we will serve our clients by providing cost effective solutions in a timely fashion. You will have the opportunity to work on projects involving both human and ecological risks associated with a variety of contaminants including PCBs, PFAS, VOCs, SVOCs, and metals. At Terracon, career growth is only limited by you.
You will have a balance of field and office work designing, conducting, and implementing environmental site assessments, and analyzing reducing associated data while enjoying a work-life balance and growing your environmental career!
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Safety - lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines. Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrates safety practices. Promote pre-task planning for all projects.
- Project Management - develop scope of service, schedule and associated budget. Assign qualified staff to perform the scope of services on time and within budget.
- Client management - foster relationships and engage with clients at each milestone.
- Teamwork - Partner with other departments or offices
- Risk Management - Develop understanding and be aware of project-related risk. Be familiar with what could go wrong on a project and how to protect the Company. Be familiar with company risk policies.
- Quality - Promote and follow Terracon’s Project Quality Manual on all projects.
- Working knowledge of RCRA, TRRP, and PST regulations in Texas
- Documented success with APARs and closures under the PST, TRRP, and VCP
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline practices by the Firm including Engineering, Environmental Science or Geology
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history
- 40-hour HAZWOPER certification
- Professional Geologist (P.G.) license in the state of Texas.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) license in the state of Texas.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.