Driller Assistant/Exploration Team Member I
- Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 23503BR
- United States
There are many reasons why you should consider beginning a career with Terracon. As an employee-owned company and over 50 years strong, Terracon provides stability through continued company growth, and a deep commitment to employees’ development and wellbeing. Terracon offers you a rewarding career of delivering success and helping build communities.
If you have an interest in working outside, don't mind travel, have a taste for adventure and would like to start a new career, let us tell you about our exploration team. There is a long list of technical duties you will perform listed below, but overall, you will work closely with a lead exploration member on the drill rig and learn this job function. The work we do is critical in soil and ground evaluation. The information we discover during exploration is critical in the construction process.
Safety is a non-negotiable. Going home safe to your family at the end of the day is our top priority, and it should be yours as well and employees are empowered to call out any safety concerns as they arise and stop work when necessary.
Essential Role and Responsibilities:
- This is an entry level position designed to train the individual in the various aspects of becoming a driller/exploration team member including equipment maintenance (i.e. augers, bits, etc.), equipment operation, basic survey and leveling equipment, and a general knowledge of reading civil plans.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Trained in duties pertaining to test borings, CPT and SPT exploration and/or installation of groundwater monitoring wells.
- Acts as an assistant to the lead operator to help perform routine exploration tasks.
- Drives medium duty trucks to various job sites.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.