Senior Geotechnical Transportation Engineer
- Sacramento, California
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 22945BR
- United States
Come, “Explore with us” in California as a Senior Geotechnical Engineer with a focus on Transportation!
The successful Geotechnical Engineer for this opportunity will lead transportation projects primarily throughout Northern and Central California Utah and at times, other areas across the country! As an employee-owner you will be a part of our established transportation focused geotechnical team working in California and across the west. Projects pursuits include major freeways, interchanges, bridges, parkways and rail. This position will allow you to lead and further develop the geotechnical transportation market for the Northern California Region while working with and mentoring various staff.
Develop relationships with Caltrans and other state, county, and local transportation agencies. Lead transportation related project pursuits and prepare proposals and cost estimates, track and evaluate project progress, budgets, and recommend changes. Provide geotechnical engineering and consulting services for regional transportation related projects and clients. This may include performing and/or leading field investigations, engineering analysis, calculations, and recommendations, observation and inspection, and the writing, preparation, and review of related geotechnical engineering reports for geotechnical transportation services. Review drawings and construction to assure compliance with plans and specifications. Research and resolve design and construction problems. Assign, review, and evaluate laboratory or field data for inclusion in reports. Apply sound engineering principles and be able to communicate complex engineering issues and concepts to technical and non-technical clients and project teams. Services may be provided for existing or proposed projects in the public works and transportation sectors.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines. Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrating safety practices. Promote pre-task planning for all projects.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Monitor quality standards and practices.
- Develop understanding and be aware of project-related risk and how to protect the Company. Be familiar with company risk policies.
- Senior level engineering professional providing technical direction required for production and completion of both routine and unique or complex projects.
- Responsible for conceptualizing the initial design and/or investigative approach for a major phase of a large project or have overall responsibility for the engineering work on a project of moderate scope.
- Plan, schedule, conduct, and/or coordinates engineering work involving transportation and conventional engineering practices but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements.
- Good writing skills and ability to develop detailed and comprehensive geotechnical engineering reports.
- Provide review of projects requiring complex and innovative investigation techniques and supervise the analysis and formulation of recommendations in written reports to clients; provides technical review of reports.
- Lead technical training and make informed decisions based upon state-of-the art technology issues.
- Lead marketing, sales and business development for transportation projects.
- Supervise less experienced engineers or technical support personnel on projects.
- Serve as an Authorized Project Reviewer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Minimum 8+ years’ experience.
- Master’s degree in Engineering preferred.
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration.
- California Geotechnical Engineer (GE) registration preferred.
- Prior Caltrans and related agency relationships and experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
The expected salary range for this position is listed below. The base range may be adjusted based on the specific location of the applicant. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience.
$102000 - $158100 annually
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.