Senior Environmental Remediation Engineer
- Sacramento, California
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 21607BR
- United States
Terracon’s Sacramento office is seeking a Senior Environmental Remediation Engineer to join our Team! Our Sacramento office and northern California team has a diverse client base in both public and private sectors working with commercial, industrial, government, health care, property development, and institutional market entities.
As a Senior Environmental Remediation Engineer, you will lead teams of multi-disciplined environmental professionals in the design and implementation of environmental site characterization and remediation projects. These projects may include soil removal actions, as well as groundwater remediation systems including mechanical, electrical, plumbing (MEP), Instrumentation and Controls (I&C), permitting, and operations & maintenance (O&M) functions. Such projects may include review of advanced characterization data from site investigations, supporting Remedial Investigations (RI) and feasibility studies (FS), and preparing engineering evaluations/cost analyses (EECAs), consistent with the Comprehensive Environmental Response and Liabilities Act (CERCLA) and similar tasks as outlined under Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA).
The successful candidate will support multi-disciplinary teams in the scoping and preparation of Site Characterization Reports (SCRs), development of Risk-Based Corrective Action Plans (CAPs), Remedial Action Plans (RAPs), Voluntary Cleanup Program (VCP) applications, monitoring remedial systems performance and overseeing preparation of Operations and Maintenance (O&M) reports, Discharge Monitoring Reports (DMRs), and Monitoring and Remediation Reports (MRRs).
This position will report directly to the Sacramento Environmental Department Manager and will work closely with the Department’s staff as well as regional and National Site Investigation and Remediation leadership to develop personnel and technical skills. The optimal candidate should also be a highly motivated and willing to participate in client development activities to identify, develop, win, and execute project opportunities and build and maintain strong client relationships. A secondary benefit will be working closely with senior company leadership to strategically plan to prosperously drive growth in the environmental service line both locally and regionally as well as contribute to national strategies for the Site Investigation and Remediation practice.
Managerial and Technical Responsibilities:
- Prepares forecasts for expenditures and manages scope, schedule, and budget for complex projects as well as monitors activities and allocates resources to ensure client objectives are met;
- Partners with other departments and offices to secure specialized resources for projects;
- Conducts project meetings and prepares reports to communicate the status of a project within and beyond the project team;
- Coordinates with accounting for financial management of business intelligence, invoicing, and collections;
- Develops an understanding, and is aware of, project related risk. Be familiar with what could go wrong on a project and know how to protect the Company. Know Company risk policies;
- Career level, fully competent professional responsible for the planning, designing, scheduling, implementing, and managing technical scopes of work related to remedial investigation activities and site remediation;
- Leads development of proposals and scopes of work for both routine and complex site investigation and remediation including soil, groundwater, soil vapor, and indoor air sampling impacted by organic, inorganic and emerging contaminants. Uses innovative investigative and remediation techniques to complete work;
- Designs, documents, and supervises installation of remediation systems (soil, groundwater, and vapor) and operation and maintenance (O&M) of remediation systems, as well as provides supervision and technical support to junior staff performing the same functions;
- Implements technical, financial, and administrative requirements to complete client projects by directing and supervising field staff in testing, data collection, and documentation;
- Applies standard practices and techniques in specific situations, adjusts and correlates data, recognizes discrepancies in results and follow operations through a series of related detailed steps or processes;
- Reviews and critiques written proposals to clients for both small and large projects written by junior staff;
- Assists in continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects and for Terracon policies and procedures used in conducting remedial investigations, remedial design, implementation of all fieldwork, and preparing associated deliverables;
- Will be expected to be proficient in client management, client development, and driving environmental sector growth locally and nationally;
- Responsible for implementing safety rules, guidelines, and standards for all projects and participate in pre-task planning meetings; and
- Participate in the development of marketing strategies and presentations of qualifications to clients on project basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering (environmental, civil, or chemical). Master’s degree preferred;
- Minimum 10-15 years of demonstrated related experience;
- Professional Engineer registration,
- Working knowledge of California State Water Resources Control Board and Regional Boards, DTSC, as well as U.S. EPA Region IX and CERCLA and RCRA regulations;
- Must be able to pass a background check, drug screen and have an acceptable driving record;
- High level of verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated high level of technical writing ability. Must provide authored technical document upon request;
- Strong organizational skills; and
- Completed OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
COVID-19 Safety Response
Committed to Our Employee Safety!
Terracon is passionate about your safety before, during, and after the COVID-19 pandemic. As Terracon continues to move forward and grow through this time, we are continuing to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our employee-owners. If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then Terracon is the company for you!
Our goal has not changed. For Terracon, our guiding principle has been and will continue to be the safety of our employee-owners. It’s that simple. We want our employees to be able to work safely in every situation and go home safely each night. As we continue our vision of being “Best at People,” here are some of the things Terracon is doing to safeguard every employee-owner:
- On-going communication with ALL employee-owners on a dedicated COVID Response page, and a portal for their families to have access to resources as well
- Requiring specific COVID-19 Pre-Task Safety Planning Protocols for all tasks and projects
- Empowering employees to speak up and say “no” to working in unsafe conditions
- Providing an additional 40 hours of sick leave to anyone impacted by COVID-19, including those impacted by daycare and school closures
- Ensuring proper PPE and sanitation on all project sites by providing field employee-owners with mobile hand washing stations and supplies, masks, and sanitizing kits
- Utilizing technology for more remote work opportunities and innovation using everything from video conferencing to drones
- Following all CDC guidelines including social distancing on job sites, in offices, and in our labs
If your passion lies in working with a company that truly cares for your safety, and if you’re interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that will help you grow and quickly progress in your career, consider Terracon and apply today!