Senior Environmental Regulatory Compliance Engineer
- Sacramento, California
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 20133BR
- United States
Terracon is seeking an experienced Environmental Regulatory Compliance Engineer to join our Team in Sacramento!
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly-motivated individual to lead local and regional compliance efforts and assist with projects across the country.
This individual must have a strong technical background, provide leadership and guidance on projects, work with existing staff to develop regulatory compliance opportunities locally and regionally, and grow the practice area. The individual will manage environmental compliance projects and Terracon staff. They will serve as a local point of contact and provide support for regional and national environmental compliance endeavors. They will review deliverables for quality following company standards and policies; provide leadership in environmental compliance marketing efforts; maintain existing and develop new client relationships; prepare proposals, cost estimates, and reports; and train, mentor, and direct field staff and project professionals.
The individual should be highly specialized in one or more of the service areas below and have solid experience and regulatory knowledge in a combination of the service areas listed below.
- Air permitting (Title V and minor source)
- RCRA/Hazardous waste
- Compliance auditing
- Oil Storage/SPCC plans
- SARA Title III (Tier II/TRI) reporting
- Industrial wastewater
- Grow and expand existing environmental compliance services,
- Prepare calculations, applications, plans, reports, proposals, and other deliverables,
- Manage projects and staff to ensure quality and timeliness,
- Understand the local and regional market
- Develop strong working relationships with clients,
- Develop proposals in response to RFPs and client requests,
- Participate in the development of local and regional marketing strategies,
- Support safety efforts to promote safety rules and guidelines, and
- Evaluate problems and develop practical solutions that enable our clients to achieve and maintain compliance with environmental regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering (preferred), Environmental Engineering, or environmental-related discipline (Master’s degree preferred),
- P.E., or the ability to obtain within 6 months of employment preferred,
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in a full-time regulatory compliance consulting role,
- Demonstrated high level of technical writing ability,
- Excellent analytical and communication skills,
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word,
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work and possess a positive attitude,
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history, and
- 40-Hour OSHA HAZWOPER and current 8-Hr refresher preferred.
The expected salary range for this position is listed below. The base range may be adjusted based on the specific location of the applicant. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience.
$92600 - $143600 annually
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.