Geotechnical Department Manager III
- Rogers, Arkansas
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 22138BR
- United States
Terracon is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Geotechnical Department Manager to lead our dynamic team in the Rogers, Arkansas office. As the Geotechnical Department Manager, you will play a pivotal role in overseeing and driving the success of our geotechnical projects. Your exceptional management skills and expertise will ensure that projects are executed seamlessly, meeting client requirements while adhering to company policies, procedures, and industry standards.
You will be responsible for supervising and monitoring all ongoing projects within the department. Ensuring projects are completed on time and to the highest quality standards will be a primary focus. Your expertise will contribute to maintaining strong client relationships and fostering client satisfaction.
As a Geotechnical Department Manager, you will lead and oversee daily department operations. You will actively participate in business development activities, identifying and nurturing project opportunities.
Join our team today and become a vital part of our growing success at Terracon. This is an exciting opportunity to lead a talented team while making a significant impact on diverse geotechnical projects. Apply now to take the next step in your career!
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and oversees the preparation of complex proposals and cost estimates.
- Prepares and participates in client and proposal related presentations.
- Directs the short-range business development activities of all department personnel to ensure that adequate fees are available to support the manpower on the payroll.
- Plan for and execute the recruitment, selection, training, mentoring, and development of all employees in the department.
- Prepare the department annual business plan.
- Oversee and manage the success of the key department metrics of revenue growth, staff chargeability, project billing and collections, and project profitability.
- Develop understanding and be aware of project-related risk. Be familiar with what could go wrong on a project and how to protect the Company. Be familiar with company risk policies.
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines. Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrates safety practices. Promote pre-task planning for all projects.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Monitor quality standards and practices. Engage APRs on projects at their onset.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline practiced by the Firm including Engineering, Environmental Science or Geology and 10 years’ practice experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 14 years’ related experience.
- Master’s degree or PhD preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience required and previous managerial experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Certification or licensure in field of expertise.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.