Environmental Group/Department Leader
- Rocky Hill, Connecticut
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 22331BR
- United States
- Provide Leadership and Management of Environmental Department consisting of 5-8 team members
- In addition to Group/Department Leadership, assume senior project/client management and oversight role for > $750k portfolio of due diligence and & site characterization work load, including serving as LEP on LEP-led projects.
- In partnership with the Office Manager, develop and execute on business development strategies to build/grow backlog for the Environmental team in Rocky Hill, coordinated & integrated with our teams in Manchester, NH and NY/NJ/PA offices.
- Work proactively within our National Client Account Program for successful, timely, project delivery.
- Provide environmental support to multiple services lines including industrial hygiene, geotechnical services, construction and building materials, serving as an inter-disciplinary team member in meetings and communications with client pertaining to specific projects/tasks.
- Possess strong understanding of federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
- Understand and implement technical requirements to complete client projects by directing and supervising field staff to sample, test and collect data and/or document site activities.
- Ability to make recommendations for conceptual designs based on technical data.
- Ability to develop written proposals to clients for both small and large projects.
- Experienced in evaluating, and synthesizing complex laboratory and field data, and assembly in written reports.
- Perform site visits, field observations and field data collection with ability to collect detailed site observations and notes as you mentor, supervise, and oversee a staff of environmental professionals.
- Demonstrate a commitment and lead Terracon’s journey to Injury and Incident Free (IIF), including our rules and practices, guidelines and standards for all projects for incident and injury free operations.
- Understand and follow project quality and corporate quality standards for all projects.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.