Administrative Staff II
- Rocky Hill, Connecticut
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 23073BR
- United States
Come to Terracon and discover what great looks like! Terracon is growing and is seeking to hire for an Administrative Staff II position in our Rocky Hill, Connecticut office. If you are ready for a change and a challenge, come “Explore with Us”!
The successful candidate will be an experienced office professional whose primary responsibilities will be dispatching, fleet management, and general office duties. Dispatching consists of scheduling field technicians to various project sites per client requests. Fleet administration consists of managing the office’s vehicles in conjunction with corporate fleet management. General office duties include, but are not limited to, producing a variety of correspondence, reports and proposals using the appropriate software for word processing, graphics, and spreadsheets; screening telephone calls and visitors; routing or answering routine inquiries; maintaining files, department office supplies, and mail. Additional administrative duties may be assigned as required.
If you're interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organizationthat allows us to set our course together and benefit when our hard work creates financial success, then Terracon is your kind of company!
Essential Role and Responsibilities:
- Under minimal supervision, provides moderate to complex administrative support for the office
- Dispatch technicians to project sites based on technician skill set, certifications, location, project, and priority
- Liaison with Corporate Fleet Management; monitor vehicle assignment, maintenance, and repair of fleet; manage gas cards, mileage reports, and toll tags; responsible for quarterly vehicle reports; process license renewals, vehicle registration, and driver alert reports
- Independently researches and obtains information for complex reports and special assignments including analyzing data and report preparation
- Composes, prepares, edits, and proofreads letters, reports, and other correspondence
- Answers telephones, screens calls, and forwards messages
- Follows safety rules, guidelines, and standards; participates in pre-task planning; report any safety issues or concerns to management
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3-5 years’ relevant experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.