Mid to Senior Geologist/Engineer
- Ridgeland, Mississippi
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 26093BR
- United States
Evaluate and interpret subsurface field and sampling data including soil and groundwater to develop conclusions concerning the environmental and geologic site conditions. Generate subsurface maps and cross-sections and collaborate with engineering and environmental scientist staff on projects. Oversee field monitoring and testing of soils including boring investigations and soil type classification. Interpret soil, bedrock and groundwater elevation and quality data. Prepare written plans and reports related to site investigations, assessments and remediation activities. Projects may include construction projects focusing on earthwork and structural foundations; well design and sampling; environmental assessments including Phase I/II site assessments; seismic risk assessments.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop understanding and be aware of project-related risk. Be familiar with what could go wrong on a project and how to protect the Company.
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines. Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrates safety practices. Promote pre-task planning for all projects.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Monitor quality standards and practices.
- Senior level Geologist/ Hydrogeologist responsible for leading complex projects requiring innovative investigation techniques.
- Supervise the analysis and formation of recommendations in written reports.
- Assist in establishing and updating current policies/ procedures for technical projects in field of expertise, to ensure proper interpretation and implementation by subordinate staff.
- Provide technical direction and training to less experience professional staff.
- Participate in the development of marketing strategies and presentations of qualifications to clients on projects.
- Serves as an Authorized Project Reviewer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Hydrogeology or related field and a minimum of 9 years' related experience.
- Master’s degree or PhD preferred.
- Certification in field of expertise.
- Professional Geologist (PG) designation.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Authorized Project Reviewer status.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.