- Portland, Oregon
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 25476BR
- United States
Partner with and provide support to engineering and environmental staff on current and future projects. Perform administrative tasks of a technical nature related to specific engineering or environmental projects, draft specific written report sections, and track project status and related contracts.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepare specific written report sections and associated drawings and attachments.
- Draft proposals and fee estimates for standard or routine projects.
- Maintain updates to project status including subtask timelines and deliverable dates including financials.
- Draft, track and maintain project change orders.
- Perform project registration and invoicing tasks.
- Maintain inventory of contracts for each project including status and ensuring signed contract is on file.
- May prepare request for information responses regarding design changes.
- May assist with utility locating services and clearances.
- May perform other engineering support tasks including development of drawings and directives for proposed boring and test pit locations and plans, preparation of boring and test pit logs and coordination of drilling, and field classification of soil and rock samples.
- Schedule and communicate with the client regarding project report status and delivery schedule.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Environmental Science or related field and 2 years’ experience in engineering/scientific support role. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 6 years’ related experience.
- Experience with gINT Geotechnical software and AutoCAD LT preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.