- Plymouth, Minnesota
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 23547BR
- United States
If you are currently working in the environmental space and have a interest in asbestos remediation, or if you looking to get into the environmental space and want to learn more about the asbestos remediation field, Terracon’s Minneapolis, MN office has and exciting opportunity for you! Terracon is currently Ranked #1 for Asbestos and Lead Abatement Design firms by Engineering News-Record!
To be successful in this role, candidates will obtain a good understanding of MN asbestos regulations and have interest in becoming an expert in this field. We work with large and small commercial clients, oil and gas companies, local governments, as well as health care and educational institutes where you will have the opportunity to build lasting relationships by delivering responsive and resourceful solutions in a reliable manor.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Sample suspect asbestos-containing building materials in accordance with AHERA guidelines and perform visual inspections for asbestos-containing material during site inspections
- Perform oversight and air monitoring during asbestos abatement projects.
- Under the direction of a staff professional, performs complex field tasks and/or special inspections as required
- Assist with industrial hygiene tasks such as mold inspections, lead-based paint sampling, and noise monitoring
- Liaise with the analytical laboratory for coordination and results of collected samples
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science or related science field and a minimum 1 year related experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 5 years’ related experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Certification in field of expertise.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.