Field Environmental Engineer
- Plymouth, Minnesota
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 25454BR
- United States
Terracon’s Twin Cities operations is seeking an environmental professional to join our team as an Environmental Field Engineer! If you’re eager to learn and grow in the exciting world of environmental consulting this position is for you.
You will join a strong group of engineers and environmental professionals that make up a center of excellence for regulatory compliance services within Terracon.
This position will have a primary focus of assisting team members with regulatory compliance tasks. This includes opportunities to support our interesting array of industrial clients and being part of the team that provides ongoing consulting services at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport. Primary tasks include projects involving:
- Stormwater permitting and compliance
- SPCC Plan and SWPPP Preparation
- SARA Title III reporting
- Remediation system design
- Industrial wastewater permitting, sampling, and reporting
- Air permit emissions calculations and application development
- Hazardous waste consulting
- Field work in support of project work
Personal development is something we really focus on and we encourage professional growth for our team members. We are proud to be a 100% employee-owned company. If your passion lies in working on challenging projects, and assisting with project delivery, then we invite you to explore with us!
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Following safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects
- Assisting in performing site visits, site observations, and data collection
- Field work including environmental sampling and testing
- Preparation of compliance reports and permit applications for clients
- Review of federal, state, and local regulations
- Review of issued permits to determine required compliance actions
- Preparation of air emission calculations and permit applications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, or Environmental Science discipline
- 0 to 2 years of experience in Environmental or Civil Engineering discipline
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of applications
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD preferred
- EIT (Engineering in Training) license
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Travel Required: 20%
- Location: Plymouth, MN
Exploring Beyond the Surface. It’s the story of us. The story of Terracon’s employee-owners, on a journey together, bringing our talents, our camaraderie, and our curiosity, to bravely explore and discover new and better solutions to overcome challenges, and provide our clients with outstanding service. Become an explorer with us! Our team of more than 6,000 employee-owners across the country is at the heart of all we do. Together, we create, innovate, and discover to improve our communities and support the world around us.
In our efforts to maintain a safe and drug-free workplace, Terracon requires that candidates complete a satisfactory criminal background check and pass a drug screen prior to employment.
**No Recruiters/Agencies Please**
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.