Driller/Exploration Team Member IV
- Parma, Ohio
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 25267BR
- United States
Exploration Team Members (ETMs) will perform subsurface exploration duties using conventional drilling or in-situ testing techniques. Drill methods may include; auger drilling, mud rotary drilling, air rotary drilling, and diamond bit coring techniques. In-situ testing techniques may include cone penetration testing (CPT), pressure meter testing, and rock dilatometer testing. Work may also include the installation of instrumentation such as piezometers, monitor wells and inclinometers. Work as part of a multiple person team on projects. ETMs will perform daily tasks including: survey and locate drilling points; conduct site reconnaissance; load/unload tooling, materials and samples; classify soil and rock samples; perform routine maintenance and basic repairs on drilling equipment, prepare internal (daily field forms) and external (DOT Logs) paperwork.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- The employee will be expected to perform the following tasks:
- Demonstrate an ability to problem solve and implement solutions on moderately to very complex problems with guidance from management or other senior level ETMs. Operate a geotechnical drill rig to advance boreholes to all depths required in their region.
- Lead a 2 or 3 man drill crew and support their development in all tasks associated with drilling operations.
- Be proficient in all drilling methods common to their region.
- Install instrumentation and monitoring wells.
- Perform routine repairs and maintenance.
- Perform surveying, site reconnaissance, and utility clearance tasks.
- Drive all forms of drilling equipment to and from project locations.
- Inspect and complete routine maintenance of equipment.
- Support project preparation and pre-task planning.
- Train junior staff in drilling methods.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 5-years’ experience.
- Proficient in geotechnical and/or environmental drilling methods.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Ability to obtain a DOT Medical Card within first 30 days of employment.
- Many states require specific driller/well installation licensure. When applicable, such licensure is required.
- Experience in
- In-Situ test methods
- Instrumentation Installation
- Barge Drilling
- Angle Drilling
- Environmental Drilling
- Regional Drilling Licensure
- Valid Class A or B commercial driver’s license.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.