- Panama City, Florida
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 25608BR
- United States
Are you passionate about making a difference in your community? Terracon is growing and hiring a Project level Construction Materials and Geotechnical Engineer for our new Panama City office! Our offices work on exciting projects including Large solar power generation projects and energy infrastructure including pile load testing and geophysical studies, FDOT bridge projects, big box warehouses, and multiple projects on military installations across the panhandle.
This position is for a Florida Professional Engineer (P.E.) who will be responsible for field related observations at various sites around the panhandle. They will also help with planning, scheduling and coordinating Geotechnical and Construction Materials Testing specific work for projects varying in size and complexity. The ideal candidate will be experienced in various phases of geotechnical and construction management efforts. Previous leadership experience is a plus. This position will involve the preparation and review of proposals and reports to support existing clients and project portfolios that serve to expand our service offerings.
If your passion lies in working on projects that help your community, and if you're interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that allows us to set our course together and benefit when our hard work creates financial success, then Terracon is your kind of company! We share your passion.
* The selected candidate may also receive a sign-on bonus. Benefits include 3-weeks paid time off and cell phone reimbursement! Other benefits may include an annual bonus.
Essential Role and Responsibilities:
- Field support related to ongoing construction projects. This will involve observations and inspections.
- Apply sound engineering principles and be able to communicate complex engineering issues and concepts to technical and non-technical clients and project teams.
- Project scheduling, budgets and forecasts, and working with external vendors, subcontractors or contractors.
- Provide excellent level of client service.
- Develop written proposals to clients for both small and large projects.
- Demonstrate a commitment to follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects for incident and injury free operations.
- Make informed decisions based upon state-of-the-art technology issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering (or similar) and a minimum of 5+ years’ related experience;
- Have a State of Florida Professional Engineer (P.E.) in Civil Engineering (specific to Geotechnical, Construction, or similar).
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.