Geotechnical Staff Engineer
- Omaha, Nebraska
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 22867BR
- United States
Terracon is currently ranked 21st in Engineering Design Firms based on ENR Rankings. Our continual investment in innovative exploration methods, engineering solutions, and our people has been key to successful growth in all 175 offices (and growing) across the nation! This investment has proven even more true for the Omaha office, which has been around since 1984 and is the premier geotechnical engineering firm in the area. Geotechnical engineering is not something we “also” do at Terracon, geotechnical engineering is what we do, every day.
We are currently looking for a Staff Geotechnical Engineer to join our growing Omaha team. We are looking for a passionate engineer who is interested in maintaining/growing a client network, is willing to be mentored, is able to apply sound engineering principles, and is able to communicate effectively both internally and externally, all with the end goal of growing and becoming a leader in the firm. If you are ready for a change and a challenge, we want to talk with you!
Terracon’s Omaha office supports a wide variety of projects, including but not limited to: high-rise office and residential structures, large-scale warehouse buildings, multi-family apartments, water/ waste water treatment plants, levees, renewable energy, and industrial processing facilities. Joining our team will provide you with a breadth of exposure to all things geotechnical!
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Promote care and concern to colleagues in accordance with our commitment to being Incident and Injury Free (IIF)
- Maintain current client relationships and establish new client relationships
- Prepare proposals and cost estimates for potential projects
- Coordinate field investigation and laboratory testing programs for new projects
- Conduct engineering evaluations necessary to support geotechnical recommendations
- Prepare formal geotechnical engineering documents, such as reports, letters, and memos
- Work closely with and be mentored by Senior Engineers to gain experience
- Effectively communicate with technical and non-technical Clients, along with other design team members, throughout the project
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering
- 1-9 years’ experience in Geotechnical Engineering
- Engineering Intern (EI) required
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history
- Professional Engineer (PE) License in NE and IA
- Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Engineering Management
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.