Software Developer III
- Olathe, Kansas
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 25933BR
- United States
Responsible for the development and maintenance of software applications. Design, code, test and debug new and existing software and enhancements. Perform maintenance to developed and supported software. Create and/or update documentation that benefits end-users (e.g. how-to manuals) and/or others (e.g. program documentation and processes). May analyze business requirements and provide recommendations for solutions. Participate in company technology projects as needed.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Program and test enhancements to software.
- Perform routine maintenance to software.
- Conduct analysis of current software to help provide solutions for necessary enhancements and maintenance.
- Create and/or update documentation that benefits end-users (e.g. how-to manuals) and/or others (e.g. program documentation and processes).
- Design and develop software that utilize established Software Development Life Process (SDLC).
- Serve as a technical resource for other developers.
- Develop new software.
- Conduct research of new technologies.
- Conduct research to answer technical questions that arise.
- Develop specifications for project work if necessary.
- Develop project estimates.
- Recommend solutions.
- Utilize appropriate project management techniques to ensure that projects are performed within budget and on time.
- Respond quickly to software errors.
- Maintain a high and increasing level of proficiency in software and other technologies supported by the department.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Maintain quality standards on all projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 6 years’ experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 10 years’ experience.
- At least six years’ experience developing software specific to department.
- Possess skills in three or more software languages specific to department.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.