- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 20582BR
- United States
If you are passionate about helping your company identify and attract top talent and have an interest in working with a company that strives to be “Best at People”, then let’s talk!
Terracon, a 100% employee owned company, continues to grow and, as a result, we are looking for an experienced and talented Senior Recruiter to join our energetic team to support our Eastern Operating Group! In this exciting/fast paced role, you will partner with Operations to fill our strategic positions while consulting with office leaders on recruiting best practices and how to source and identify exceptional talent.
Your top-notch consulting and sourcing skills will enable you to provide full life cycle recruiting (intake meetings, creating/implementing recruiting strategies, sourcing, screening, and presenting candidates) functions while helping managers develop and extend successful offers.
Our dynamic recruiting team is involved in aspects of various HR projects as well, so you will have the opportunity to partner with other team members and lead or participate in these additional initiatives to help take our company to the next level.
If you want to join a company that is committed to improving the communities where we live and work, provides a great culture, and supports a strong team environment, come “Explore with Us” today!
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conducts full life-cycle staffing/recruiting companywide or on assigned portfolio of positions company wide.
- Discusses long-range professional and technical personnel needs with management and provides candidate recommendations.
- Works independently, using industry knowledge and/or professional guidelines and protocols to accomplish goals and objectives and solve problems of complex, diverse scope.
- Keeps informed of industry and market trends.
- Sources, screens, interviews, closes applicants.
- Develops and implements recruiting strategies designed to identify qualified applicants, and evaluates applicant strengths compared to position description and competencies.
- Provides offer strategy and assists in offer negotiations.
- Develops and directs interview coordination activities for mid to senior level positions.
- Develops advertising campaigns and programs.
- Search for and identify candidates for highly specialized and difficult-to-attract positions utilizing creative recruiting methods and tools.
- Advises on and develops operational procedures and tools for improvement of recruiting services.
- May assist in vendor selection
- Partner and advise Hiring Managers on overall hiring process including offer strategy and negotiations.
- Collaborate as needed on job requisition details and creation.
- Establish credibility as Recruitment subject matter expert (SME).
- Review job descriptions to ensure proper advertisement format for internet job postings and niche sites.
- Effectively screen and interview candidates to assess skill and cultural fit.
- Maintain knowledge of company industry, related industry, business supported and market demographics.
- Ensure positive candidate experience is met through interview and hiring process.
- Lead and or direct others in ensuring positive candidate experience.
- Consistently update applicant tracking system and hiring managers in a timely manner.
- Ensure regulatory and company policy compliance.
- Participate, and lead recruiting process improvement efforts as necessary.
- Develop, lead, and participate in training and dissemination of industry best practices to hiring managers and team.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field and 10 years of professional staffing and recruiting experience in engineering consulting firm or related corporate environment. Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations required. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 14 years’ related experience.
- Experience with applicant tracking system required (Brass Ring preferred).
- Expertise in multiple creative sourcing techniques for active and passive applicants.
- Familiarity with social networking (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and related).
- Experienced in developing and executing recruiting assignments for complex, hard-to-fill positions.
- Ability and experience in marketing and conveying a company’s goals/directives to potential candidates.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Possess strong written and oral skills for verbal communication.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history
- CIR (Certified Internet Researcher), LinkedIn Certified Recruiter or related
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
COVID-19 Safety Response
Committed to Our Employee Safety!
Terracon is passionate about your safety before, during, and after the COVID-19 pandemic. As Terracon continues to move forward and grow through this time, we are continuing to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our employee-owners. If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then Terracon is the company for you!
Our goal has not changed. For Terracon, our guiding principle has been and will continue to be the safety of our employee-owners. It’s that simple. We want our employees to be able to work safely in every situation and go home safely each night. As we continue our vision of being “Best at People,” here are some of the things Terracon is doing to safeguard every employee-owner:
- On-going communication with ALL employee-owners on a dedicated COVID Response page, and a portal for their families to have access to resources as well
- Requiring specific COVID-19 Pre-Task Safety Planning Protocols for all tasks and projects
- Empowering employees to speak up and say “no” to working in unsafe conditions
- Providing an additional 40 hours of sick leave to anyone impacted by COVID-19, including those impacted by daycare and school closures
- Offering voluntary reduced work schedule for anyone needing extra time to care for others
- Load leveling work assignments across regions to maintain high productivity and chargeability
- Ensuring proper PPE and sanitation on all project sites by providing field employee-owners with mobile hand washing stations and supplies, masks, and sanitizing kits
- Utilizing technology for more remote work opportunities and innovation using everything from video conferencing to drones
- Following all CDC guidelines including social distancing on job sites, in offices, and in our labs
- Implementing a stand-by leave program to ensure our employees continue service and health insurance benefits during regional work shortages
If your passion lies in working with a company that truly cares for your safety, and if you’re interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that will help you grow and quickly progress in your career, consider Terracon and apply today!