Safety Claims Administrator
- Olathe, Kansas
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 26956BR
- United States
Terracon has a strong safety culture. We are committed to making sure our professionals go home safe each day. Would you like to be a part of a team that helps ensure our employees are safe? Do you have a passion for customer service and a background in safety? Let's talk!
In this role you will administer and proactively manage the company’s Workers Compensation program. Act as the liaison with third-party claims administrators and insurance company representatives. Negotiate and manage vendor relationship, monitor/facilitate processing of claims and maintain files and reporting/recordkeeping requirements.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Reviews, evaluates, processes and makes recommendations for handling and resolution of Workers Compensation, Automobile, and General Liability claims from initial opening to claim close.
- Prepares and submits wage statements for injured employees who are missing time from work, to the workers compensation insurance company.
- Creates and maintains records for injury, motor vehicle, and GL claims.
- Communicates with workers, medical providers and supervisors to ensure Terracon’s value of Caring is met for injured workers. Assists employees in coordination with insurance and State Worker’s Compensation agencies to facilitate their best possible care and return to work.
- Maintains contact during the course of a claim with adjusters, agents, employees, third party insurance companies, medical clinics, and nurse case managers.
- Communicates reporting procedures and notifications for claims to managers, supervisors, and employees.
- Prepares claims cost accrual reports for internal accounting purposes.
- Requests payment for motor vehicle/property damage claims.
- Creates a release of all claims for settlement purposes as applicable.
- Communicates work-related/non-work-related injuries to the Human Resources department.
- Prepares and maintains OSHA logs in compliance with regulations.
- May be asked to assist safety team members with other responsibilities including but not limited to driver qualification, client prequalification documents, safety training recordkeeping, and medical monitoring.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Maintain quality standards on all projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in safety programs administration and claims management. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 6 years’ related experience.
- Excellent computer proficiency.
- Ability to work in cooperation with others as a team to achieve desired results.
- Must be able to handle incident and injury descriptions or photos, which could be graphic in nature.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a mature and professional manner while using sound judgment and discretion in processing claims and assisting staff.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.