Project Accounting Representative
- Olathe, Kansas
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 23520BR
- United States
Location: Olathe, KS.
This position requires training in the Corporate office located in Olathe KS. Upon completion of training, work from home hours may be available.
Performs variety of project accounting activities including entering, reviewing, processing, auditing, and reporting information. Understands the system and brings issues to the attention of the Supervisor for assistance and further evaluation. Also responsible for providing customer service to employees, office staff and management for subject matter related items.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
Under immediate supervision, performs a variety of clerical and routine accounting tasks including:
- Assist with the processing of weekly Time & Mileage timesheets.
- Assist with entering miscellaneous charges, interoffice entries and transfers requests.
- Assist with other Job Costing tasks as assigned.
- Assist with Temp Agency Invoice approval process.
- Assist with client account reconciliations, reviewing on-account balances, and preparing client refund documentation.
- Assist with completing vendor forms.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year related experience
- Basic knowledge of project accounting area
- Accurate with data entry
- Ability to multi task
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.