IT Service Desk Support Staff I
- Olathe, Kansas
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 25229BR
- United States
Provides proactive, high level of customer service to Terracon employees on a variety of technical and support issues including or involving the following but not limited to: company-provided computer systems, operating systems, LAN/WAN, printers and application software. Respond to employee inquiries, runs diagnostic programs, installs hardware and software, isolates problems and determines/implements a solution.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Respond proactively to telephone calls, emails, and chat sent to the IT Service Desk system as the first level of assistance.
- Open and/or close work orders (via IT Service Desk software) on each call received.
- Escalate problems and requests as necessary to ensure positive resolution.
- Conduct research on relatively simple issues and escalates issues that cannot be resolved in 20 minutes to either a more senior IT Service Desk level or tier 2 support.
- Create, modify and/or delete user accounts per Terracon policy and update appropriate documentation (e.g. account termination spreadsheet).
- Guide end users through troubleshooting procedures to restore technical service
- Re-image workstations and laptops (using current image software) when required.
- Accurately document user issues and troubleshooting steps, test results and resolution information within incidents and service requests
- Maintain an increasing level of proficiency in hardware, software, networking and other technologies supported by the IT Dept.
- Participate in company technology projects as needed.
- Maintain an accurate, timely record of hours spent on Work Orders and projects in time and accounting systems.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines, and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Up to 1-year help desk related experience.
- Associate’s degree in Information Systems or related field preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft operating systems at the level used in the corporation as well as desktop and laptop hardware.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 at the level used in the corporation.
- Experience with Microsoft Teams.
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange.
- Knowledge of Client PC connectivity, e.g., Ethernet, TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, and VPN
- Knowledge and understanding of Active Directory at the level used in the corporation.
- Knowledge and understanding of mobile devices, e.g., iOS, Android phones, and tablets.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- A+ certification
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.